TMI question about BD and smear test...

TripleB

Lucky Mum of 2
Reaction score
...wondering if any of you ladies can answer a question for me?

I am CD8 today, had a high fertility reading on CBFM this morning and creamy CM this afternoon. Its my first month of CBFM so doubt that the high reading is that accurate but don't want to miss any opportunity for a BFP this month so was thinking :sex: this evening might be a good idea.

Only problem is I have a smear test booked for the morning. Would :sex: would be a bad idea in view of this? I hope not!

x

Hmmm I'm not sure hun! Does it not say anything in the letter about abstaining from BD? If not then I would go for it. x

I stupidly threw the leaflet away but for some reason thought it said you shouldn't DTD WITH contraception beforehand. Playing that back in my head it doesn't really make sense does it?! Think I might have to consult Dr Google about this one! x

hey huns, ur right they dnt tell u these things so lucky i know for u, right u can have sex BUT u need use condom :( bum yes i know but spermies can interfere with smear results and cause them to be inconclusive then u got the horrid job of getting tested again, if u want to bed just use one for tonight or totally refrain till tomorrow after the test xxxx

hope that helped huns :)

oh i didnt realise u couldn't use contraception huns i just know that spermies shouldn't be in there for the test :blush: personally though i really dnt know why u cnt do it with condom unless substances from condom stay in there :shrug:
id defo give doc ring huns and fact ur TTC doc should relly have told u this xxxxx

Thanks ladies - looks like its a night off for the DH tonight then (his last for a while haha!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->