• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TMI question! (But please help!)

obtenerunsixx

TTC a little Dragon baby!
Reaction score
Hey, I really need the help of you fine ladies. :flower: A little bit TMI, but for the last few months I have noticed a "fishy" smell from my vagina after sex. It doesn't happen immediately afterwards; we usually do it at night, so I notice it when I get up in the morning and pee. It goes away by the afternoon. Also, sometimes when I wipe the day after sex I get a stretchy whitish-yellowish fluid that could be mistaken for fertile cervical mucus. It doesn't smell and I think it's leftover sperm but I'm not sure. All of this only happens the day after we have sex. I don't get any of these symptoms if we don't have sex for a few days. Also, my natural vaginal smell/taste is not fishy at all (and, honestly, my OH loves it). He always pleasures me before intercourse and he has not noticed any difference in my natural smell/taste recently.

I'm worried that this might be bacterial vaginosis. I don't have any symptoms apart from those I experience after sex, but I don't know. He's the only person I've ever had unprotected sex with (I've been with him for almost 3 1/2 years and we've been having sex without a condom for 1 1/2 years). I've never had an abnormal pap smear (last smear was in July/August). I don't douche either. Could this be due to me coming off of birth control about 2 1/2 months ago? I'm just scared that if I do get pregnant, and I have BV, that it will increase the risk of miscarriage. It's a frightening thought.

I'm sorry for the TMI. I just want to describe the situation as best as I can. Thanks so much! :thumbup:

I would say its sperm causing the smell, think its to do with the ph levels of vagina mixing with the sperm, gives off the smell, also depends what your oh has been eating

Not really sure what the smell could be...probably nothing...I would just recommend washing your area before you go to sleep...My DH loves to pleasure me orally as well but I've read that its not recommended if you are TTC b/c the saliva could interact with the sperm...Not sure if its proven true but since we've been TTC for 19 months so far with no luck, I'm not taking any chances...

Thanks, mpb1983330, for the tip about saliva! :winkwink: I forgot about the fact that it can kill sperm. This month I'll try manually orgasming and see if that helps!

Not sure about our diets. Not a lot has changed and we eat pretty healthily. I also eat yogurt every day so I think that might help with yeast overgrowth.

Does anyone else experience this? I really want to know if it might be BV. I think I'm gonna have to make a gynecologist appointment sooner rather than later... :wacko:

My first husband used to do that to me too. My new husband doesn't . So I'm a strong believer it's the sperm.

Thats happened to me before too. But usually just if I don't.. clean up afterwards.

I clean very well! I don't use soap as it's irritating for me, but I thoroughly wash the area with the shower head every day. My OH always told me how his ex-girlfriends had disgusting vaginas and how mine was the stark exception, so I know it's definitely not hygiene or anything like that. I'm pretty sure it's probably BV. :cry: I'm upset about it, but I'll just make an appointment with the gyn. Hopefully I'll get to see her in less than a month. :haha:

Im sure you are clean enough.the odors are usually internal anyway. Fishy smell can be an infection but if you dont have sex for a couple of days and it leaves its probably a sperm related odor.

Im sure you are clean enough.the odors are usually internal anyway. Fishy smell can be an infection but if you dont have sex for a couple of days and it leaves its probably a sperm related odor.

I dont think it is bv at all. The smell is probably from the sperm and the stuff mistaken for ewcm is most definitely leftover sperm coming out. I get this too. If it is gone by noon the next day, and it only happens when you have sex, why would it be bv? Wouldnt that mess with you all day everyday ESPECIALLY when you have sex?

If you had BV, I think you would definitely know it. It wouldnt be an after sex thing, it would be an all the time, itchy as hell, really painful during sex thing.

I think you're fine. Of course, go to the dr if that will make you feel better. I live at my DRs office :haha: because I always think something is wrong with me. Lol.

Good luck honey.

Thanks so much, ladies! :flower: You reassured me a little that maybe it's not BV. I hope it's not, but I've got an appointment with the gyn for the 22nd just in case.

Oh, and babydust to everyone this month! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"