TMI question....how do you keep it 'in'?!

Laura27

Reaction score
So this is a bit gross but I was wondering this morning.....how do you stop your OH stuff leaking out after DTD? How long do I need to lie flat or with my legs in the air to allow the swimmers enough time to get where they need to go?! :dohh:

I don't think you need to do any of those things..As long as you stay still for 10/15 minutes the important bits will get through... as far as I have read, putting legs in the air etc doesn't make any difference xx

I notice that when my OH stays in me for a couple minutes after BDing and then if I lay there for a few minutes wayyyyy less stuff leaks out.

10/15 minutes of laying there after is too much for me.

It becomes so watery after 20 minutes of laying there just FYI!!! My pants were soaked! Its like my body melted it or something! haha! TMI!

We always DTD just before going to sleep so that I have maximum horizontal time afterwards! I put a big pillow under my hips for about 10-15 mins after the event just to give them a helping hand (gravity can only help in my view!).

By morning hardly anything leaks out. Got pregnant first cycle with DS doing this, just moving onto second cycle TTC #2 trying same tricks.

It becomes so watery after 20 minutes of laying there just FYI!!! My pants were soaked! Its like my body melted it or something! haha! TMI!

I think that is a good sign! From what I read, semen has to liquify before sperm take off and go swimming(I think this is what i read) I think the average time is about 20-30 minutes. When dh had a semen analysis done, his didn't liquify until 35 minutes. I ended up getting a bfp that month and can't remember if I layed there longer or not. But think time I am going to sleep with it in me, or at least lay there for 40 minutes to give it time!

I've also heard you can use soft cups to keep in in place for longer!

I've heard as soon as he ejaculates the swimmers are on their way so I never raise my legs or lie still or anything. I just go straight to the restroom. I know that women have conceived despite rushing to the bathroom right after BDing so I don't think it makes much difference

I tend to be about to go to sleep so I just go to sleep (go on, call me a scruff :haha:!!)

I tired a diva cup a few times this cycle. We will see if it worked :)

I lay down for 30 minutes after. I have found that it helps.
Also, this cycle I used a fertility sperm friendly lube for he first time (similar to preseed I guess) and it was very thick... Afterwards WAY LESS seeped out. If I don't get my bfp, I will keep using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->