tmi question

BumpToBe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just had my first true period since coming off the pill. I stopped the pill last month on the 9th of september and had my typical AF during my 7 pill free days. I was due to start taking the pill again on the 17th of September but didnt as ttc. Had my 1st true period on the 8th october on CD27 lasting 3 days. Since the 11th when I thought AF had finished I have had brown discharge every day. Has anyone else had this as I've never had it before???
(Sorry if TMI!)

Lindz x

I get this a lot and count it as part of my period. I have a 32 day cycle, purely, I believe, because my period lasts around 8 days. The heavy bleeding lasts about 3-4 days then I have 3-4 days of dark brown 'bleeding'. I tend to use the very light tampax during these days although I don't think I really need them.

Thanks Kitten, its strange coz when I was on the pill I had none of this!! so its not unusual then?! Have just been reading your other post, good luck for thursday, ill be hoping for a :bfp: next month, will be testing around the 3rd of November...God Its ages away!!! hope you get your :bfp: 2moz!!!! ill be logging in to find out!!

Lindz x

Yeah, I also count the brown discharge days as days of AF. Irregardless of how long your period is, cd 1 remains the same and you'll ovulate and test on the days you were planning too. Good Luck this cycle...and I hope you get your BFP!

when you are on the pill you don't get a true period - you get a withdrawal bleed. which is like a forced period due to stopping the pill for those 7 days.

it took me to my second real period for it to be 'normal' the first one was very much like your describing, your uterus is pretty much having a spring clean and clearing out all the old stuff.

I had the same thing on my first true period off the pill- light spotting after I finished AF- which I had never experienced while on the pill. Mine only lasted for a day or two, though, but I'm sure a few days of spotting isn't unusual.

Good luck this cycle!

I came off my pill in July and the first 2 months were quite different from ANYTHING that I experienced while on the pill. It takes quite some time for your body to return to normal. Happy to see you on the forums, you are going to get tons of help here. There is never a dumb question either - good luck!

I have brown older looking blood at the end of nearly all my cycles so it might be your 'normal' now...but as you'll notice around here, what you think is normal, signs you see each month with prego symptoms, your cycle, etc will be the same for several months and then things change for whatever reason and then that becomes your new 'normal' very odd, I know but seems to be strange things happen when you get real intune with your body, hehehe. Good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->