TMI-sorry *blush*

O

Ozzieshunni

My nipples, especially my right one, get VERY dry. My right one today was all flakey and itches like mad even with lotion! Please tell me I'm not alone! :blush:

I noticed that too! But now I put gobs of lotion (high quality very pricey stuff) on them and it has gone away. Just keep the good lotion coming!

Have a bath with a splash of baby oil in it. Leaves you a bit greasy bit great for those dry bits in the winter. Works for me!

Have you tried the stuff they make for cracked nipples for moms who are already breastfeeding? I think it's called Lanolin.....I bet that will help a tons more than lotion.

Have you tried the stuff they make for cracked nipples for moms who are already breastfeeding? I think it's called Lanolin.....I bet that will help a tons more than lotion.

I've heard of it before, but I'm in the UK so.....I don't know if they have it here.

Thanks for all the tips!!!!

Have a bath with a splash of baby oil in it. Leaves you a bit greasy bit great for those dry bits in the winter. Works for me!

Baby oil is the trick. I slather that stuff on after every shower. And the smell is such a nice reminder too!

I have the same situation, flakes all over my bras. I found the more often I put lotion the less the flaking and dryness.

Hey popping over from first tri! My nipples have been like that too! My boobs itch so bad that ive been making them bleed and lotion does not help, so im right there with you!

Looks like your from the states....any chance you can get a family member to ship it over to you? And IF you do plan on breastfeeding it will be a life saver for you......you can get so raw those first few weeks. Lanolin is a thick cream (like a petroleum jelly) so it really keeps the moisture in and helps heal things. Hope your "girls" are feeling better soon.

They sell it in boots, the one I used last time was the avent tube for cracked/sore nipples. It was a life saver for me whilst I was pregnant too as it isn't harmful for baby to suck while you got it on.

I used Kamillosan - It was excellent.. and lasts and lasts! You can also get this on prescription in the UK, so you could ask your g.p, as well as it being availiable over the counter. Put some on your nipples, whenever needed, and use a breastpad or a makeup cotton pad so it doesn't make a mess of your bras and to stop your nipples chafing on clothes.

It is a good sign in pregnancy; your nipples are getting ready for breast feeding, so thats a plus!
xXx

I used Kamillosan - It was excellent.. and lasts and lasts! You can also get this on prescription in the UK, so you could ask your g.p, as well as it being availiable over the counter. Put some on your nipples, whenever needed, and use a breastpad or a makeup cotton pad so it doesn't make a mess of your bras and to stop your nipples chafing on clothes.

It is a good sign in pregnancy; your nipples are getting ready for breast feeding, so thats a plus!
xXx

Oh great! I'll ask my GP next time I'm in! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"