TMI sorry

Pulirula

Reaction score
This might be TMI so I'm sorry ahead of time. I went to the bathroom today and my stool was green. I don't think that has ever happened. I don't feel sick and I'm not taking and prenatals. I'm really freaking out! Has anyone ever had this???

This might be TMI so I'm sorry ahead of time. I went to the bathroom today and my stool was green. I don't think that has ever happened. I don't feel sick and I'm not taking and prenatals. I'm really freaking out! Has anyone ever had this???

Usually its a sign of constipation. I jave had this before. Was it loose or quite hard?

Guess it was on the harder side. A few days ag o I ate a whole green pepper so I'm wondering if it was that?

A lot of times, green stool happens after eating foods with certain dyes. I know my 6 year old gets green stools after everyou blueberry coolatta from dunkin donuts. I've had a greenish tint from occasion (as a male obviously not due to pregnancy), that seemed to be from sickness or possibly food poisoning. I had actually contacted my son's dr once for it but they kind of laughed and said to give it a day or two...it went away next movement. My wife has been taking citrucel daily with meals and that has done wonders. It's safe to take and promotes regularity (can help both with constipation and diarrhea)

Drink anything grape flavored? Bright green poop. Eating more than usual green foods could do it too, but I doubt one pepper would. That reminds me, I have some peppers in the fridge...

Haha, this post reminds me of the time my sister brought over a cake with blue embellishments on it, and all of my kids ate it..... and I forgot all about it until a few days later when all of my kids had crazy green poop. I thought they were all sick with some weird tropical virus or something. Pregnancy brain, you know. Anyway, plenty of other color dyes in your food could cause this. Of course, eating a lot of anything green. I think it's also caused by your food going through your digestive system too quickly and your body didn't get to process all the food and change it to brown before it passed. If it only happens once, I wouldn't worry at all. If it happens a few times, I'd call the dr.

Also Gatorade. There are tons of things that can "naturally" result in greenish stool. Keep an eye on it and if it looks like it's becoming an unnatural shade, maybe speak with your doctor - but a green tint can be totally normal. :)

Thanks all. Stomach has been upset all day so maybe I have a bug. My daughter had a stomach bug on friday. Maybe she shared with mom

Bleh - being sick while pregnant is no fun. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"