Tmi - thrush again

tiggerpony

Reaction score
ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I have had thrush since last monday due to antibiotics I was taking for a nasty UTI. I have only been using the caneston external cream as my doctor sugested and he said use it for 10 days and if it still hasn't cleared then I can use the caneston pessary as it is prob internal as well - It's now day 7 of using the external cream and I thought it was getting better last night - but it's been so bad today I have had to ITCH it!!!! I know I shouldn't, but I couldn't bare the itching anymore.....so I itched it with a wet flannel and now it's not only itching worse but stinging like mad. Feel so crap! Is anyone else suffering with thrush? How do you stop yourself from itching it TMI: but we all know that those few seconds you DO itch it, it's utter bliss!!!:haha:) ?!

Have you tried taking probiotics and eating plain yogurt? That might help since you already used the cream. I still have the infection, but mine is weird. It doesn't leak out much at all, maybe once a week I get a bit of an itch. It's wayy up there so I can't even tell if I will have gotten rid of it! You can rub cold plain yogurt on the outside of your v, that helped my itchiness.

You can make a douche out of 1 tsp of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 1 cup of water to help kill the yeast. Cold plain yogurt is also helpful for the itchy outside. And you can get these "AZO" brand yeast infection pro-biotic pills that help kill the yeast infection. Triple threat right there! Good luck. Yeast infections are super sucky!

Honestly, just brave the pessary. Its well worth it.

Honestly, I would use the pessary! I would do, if I was still so far away from my due date. I have been feeling 'thrushy' on and off the last week or so and used a pessary a few days ago and still don't feel great, mainly as I suspect I didn't put it up far enough due to an irrational fear of pushing it through my slightly dilated cervix. I don't think it will heal up if you don't use the pessary though. I saw my dr this morning and she did an internal and suggested I don't actually use another pessary as she thinks I'll have difficulties putting it up there anyway and just use the external cream, but she also says she thinks I will go into labour pretty soon. I only have a bit of an annoying 'thrushy' feeling though rather than 'oh my God, I definitely have thrush, it's so horrid....'. I remember having thrush so badly when I was on holiday with a friend years ago that I could hardly walk. It was AWFUL!!!!!!!!! So I really feel for you. I think the pessary is the way to go :)

Ive got a pessary now but cant use it until I have been to the hospital to check why I have seem to of lost my plug at 32 weeks and check it's def ok to use it. xx

I suffer with so much Thrush its unreal. They gave me the cream and the tablet.
Iv used the cream for years now but now im pregnant it seems to be harder to get rid of. I also get UTI's 3 times a month due to Kidney Disease so god i knw how u feel.
Im addicted to Cola and was told they have something in the Cola that causes Thrush. Altho i only have 3 glasses aday now cause i was told off for being so obsessed with it the bugger still comes back. Im sitting here now wanting to Itch! Thinking how much relieve ima get but god it does hurt after!
Try sitting on a cold wet flannel and after put plain yogurt on your lady area.
I didn't risk the Tablet as it just doesnt look healthy. I put my cream on ever night before i go to bed and leave it on over night.. Not that it lasts long as my bladders the size of a peanut lol.
Hope it calms down for you, Thrush is the most irritating thing ever.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->