TMI - vagina change?

DawnMN26

Reaction score
Hello All
Ok not to be gross, but I need to ask a ? about down there!
I noticed that when I go to the bathroom in the morning every day, I could smell myself down there. This never happened before. I was wondering if smelling down there could be a symptom of pregnancy? I shower every day, but after awhile i can still smell it down there.

Any advice?:dohh:

What type of smell hun? Musty? Fishy? Do you excess discharge or coloured discharge?

It could just be hormonal but could also be a sign of infection. Nip to your docs for a quick check/swab just in case hun x

I have this and Dr at hospital said its hormonal as I didnt have infection. Do not wash with soap or shower gel just use warm water only. Soaps feed it.

At present I have got Thrush, DH went to chemist Fri night to get Caneston but they refused to give it because Im pregnant. Cannot see Dr till Monday morning so am sat with Natural Yoguert cooling my privates. DH was highly amused but it does work and is safe.:haha:

Alex, I had thrush while ttc and was due to take a pregnancy test (think it was the month before I actually got pregnant). Went to the doc to get something that would be safe if I was and she gave me canesten cream and pessaries. She said it was just the tablet that wasn't safe in pregnancy.

Alex, I had thrush while ttc and was due to take a pregnancy test (think it was the month before I actually got pregnant). Went to the doc to get something that would be safe if I was and she gave me canesten cream and pessaries. She said it was just the tablet that wasn't safe in pregnancy.

Yeah, it is safe but chemists aren't supposed to give it to pregnant women without a prescription, plus it then doesn't cost us anything! Hurrah!

Best get it checked out - but it is normal to have a different (not unpleasant) "aroma:blush:" down below in pregnancy due to different levels of hormones......

Also I noticed that its way bigger than normal, like swollen, and hurts, feels like its on fire and looks like alligator skin, not smooth!! What is up with her?? ughhh

i agree def! go se the doctor esp if uncomfortable down there also x

Mine resembles a Baboons arse its that swollen :nope:, plus I couldnt see where I was shaving so its almost bald:haha:. Looks revolting. The yoguert wasnt working so sent DH in for Caneston. Did ask midwife who said it was fine to use it. Oh the relief after the sting !

Yea i have a doctors appointment tomorrow.
I'll have to bring this EMBARRASSING question up some how!!
ughhhh hate having a male doctor. But i'm sure he heard it all haha
Thanks all

ok well turns out i have a yeast infection
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs