(TMI WARNING:) Can frequent bowel movements be an early-pregnancy symptom?

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if frequently having to open your bowels could be a symptom of early pregnancy? I had ruled myself out for this month but over the past few days I've had a number of symptoms, none of which I'm getting my hopes up over. One thing that I have noticed, that is unusual for me is that i'm having to move my bowels multiples times in the day at the moment. Normally, I'd only have to open my bowels once a day, after dinner (tea). Over the past couple of days, I've had to open them multiple times in a day.

27th: Three times
28th: Twice
29th: Three times
30th: Three times

Usually when I go, I am slightly constipated. The first half of the movement requires only a little effort but then the second half is very difficult and I do struggle.

Sorry for the TMI in this post, this is just something that is rather unusual for me and whilst I've never considered it a possible early-pregnancy symptom, I'm now curious as to whether it could be a sign of something to come.

-AussieBub

It certainly could be hormone-related. For example, I always get more frequent bowel movements during my period, even though the rest of the month I'm prone to constipation.

Where are you in your cycle? / How many days are you post-O?

Well I'm not 100% sure where I am past O. I started taking folic acid 2 months ago and it messed the past 2 cycles up. If and I say if, my cycle has returned to its normal 31 day cycle, then I'd be 15dpo ( I usually have an 18 day wait instead of a 2ww). I'm not using any OPK's or taking my temp yet as we've only been trying for 3 cycles so I can't be 100% sure where I am dpo wise. For reference sake, I'm just assuming im back on my 31 day cycle, making me roughly 15dpo.

Considering I have been drinking a whole glass of Cranberry and Raspberry Juice every day, I am still rather constipated. Cranberries usually helps ease constipation. I can't help but notice as well that after a bowel movement I don't any relief. Instead after a movement, I still feel like I have more to move, but of course I can't. Maybe this is why I have been going multiple times a day.

-AussieBub

Yes, it's possible that you are a bit 'bunged up' & haven't been able to fully 'go' because of that, leading to the need to go several times.

I do hope that it's a pregnancy symptom though! I stalk a fantastic symptom thread on another forum, which is great for getting my hopes up... ha ha... and I have seen people say on there that an early symptom for them was unusual bowel habits, so you never know!

When do you think you'll test?

Well if my cycle has returned to normal, then AF will be due on Jan 3rd. So if she doesnt arrive, I'll probably test on the 4th. DH wants me to wait until at least the 8th though. Nov AF I was 5 days late and this month AF was 3 days early, so not sure if she'll be on time this month. She's been off since I started taking the folic acid so... we'll see. But despite what my husband wants, I'll probably test on the 4th if AF hasn't arrived.

Here's hoping though, that my unusual bowel habits are a sign of pregnancy!

-AussieBub

Well if my cycle has returned to normal, then AF will be due on Jan 3rd. So if she doesnt arrive, I'll probably test on the 4th. DH wants me to wait until at least the 8th though. Nov AF I was 5 days late and this month AF was 3 days early, so not sure if she'll be on time this month. She's been off since I started taking the folic acid so... we'll see. But despite what my husband wants, I'll probably test on the 4th if AF hasn't arrived.

Here's hoping though, that my unusual bowel habits are a sign of pregnancy!

-AussieBub

Well good luck I hope you get your BFP! When I started taking folic acid it gave me really bad stomach aches and nausea so it might be the folic acid. Keep us posted.

Best of luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->