TMJ and other joint pains

Shandelion

Reaction score
I've had TMJ (jaw joint problems) my whole life, a bad back since I was ten and arthritis-like pains since I picked up Lyme Disease three years ago. But wow, lately they've been killing me...especially the TMJ, which hasn't acted up since I got my wisdom teeth pulled two years ago. My jaw hasn't hurt this bad since high school, actually. Anyone else had an increase in joint issues since pregnancy?

I suffer from TMJ issues too and it's definitely been more painful in both my pregnancies! My jaw is clicking all the time, so disconcerting! Could be something to do with the hormone relaxin loosening all the joints a little.

Hm...you say two pregnancies...did it calm down after the first one, then? I've gotten so spoiled since my wisdom teeth were pulled, it's barely popped in two years. My jaw tried to dislocate for the first time in about ten years, last night.

Yikes that does not sound good!! So sorry you've been set back again after a period of no popping.

It calmed down sort of, it took a while because I had an extremely stressful postpartum phase and stress is no good for TMJ issues either. But I definitely noticed the pain getting worse and more frequent again with this pregnancy so it must've got somewhat better in between.

I hear you on joint pain, I have rheumatoid arthritis and I'm no better or worse than prepregnancy. My fingers and wrist are still stiff and swollen. I expect it should get better in a few weeks as this is caused by my immune system and pregnancy lowers it. As for Lyme disease, ouchy. I don't profess to expertise in Lyme disease, however, I'm fairly certain the bacteria never truly dies, making recurrence of symptoms possible. Since your immune system is down, you may notice more joint pain from the bacteria.

Aw, rheumatoid arthritis, that's a baddie :( sorry to hear that. As to Lyme, no one's a professional lol, not even those who profess to be. Certainly no doctor is.

I made a post a while ago but was told I cannot link a website if I made less than 10 posts.

Anyway...I have TMJ, plantar fasciitis, and sciatica pain. The plantar fasciitis and sciatica went away until I gained 20-25 lbs in this pregnancy. My body does not like it when I am over 125 lbs, it seems. As for my TMJ, I wear a mouthguard at night so that takes care of the migraines I was having in the past. But ever since I am sleeping on my left side, the neck and shoulder pain associated with my TMJ came back.

I am considering going to a chiropractor but I want to ask my doctor first on the next appointment. I have stumbled across this youtube channel in search of my ache reliefs:

https://www.youtube.com/user/garycrowley1?feature=watch

He has lots of diy-pain-relief-videos and it seemed to help with my aches and pains.

I suffer hereditary TMJ and back problems also. Haven't noticed a change in the TMJ but my back definitely :haha:

My TMJ started when I was expecting my first LO. I have it most of the time, but not too badly. Now Im pregnant again though it has flared up a treat!!! The annoying thing is they usually say Ibuprofen type painkillers are the best, but of course we arent allowed them now!!!
My doc said it is normal for TMJ to produce a problem during pregnancy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->