To all breast feeders

Layla

Reaction score
HI,

Have a question for you all.

My boobs have gone up a cup size, they never did this on my other pregnancys untill after i gave birth, so does this mean i will have a good supply this time round?

Thanks

x

SC said other day OMG your boobies are HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE :rofl:

But no idea :rofl:

Touches em he's dead!

I have cleaned out and replaced my bra's 3 times since having maddie, twice with maddie and once since ellie ...

Have to do it again cause they are all to tight across my back and my boobs topping over the cup ...

Well pished off!

xxx

Layla breast size makes no difference to your amount of milk produced. All breasts no matter what size contain the same amount of milk ducts, the dfference in size is the amount of fat in them. I remember you saying you had lost a lot of weight with this pregnancy, did you with your others. If not this might be why you are noticing the differnece????

Thanks Beanie.

I did lose alot of weight from my tummy arms and face, so yeah maybe its all gone to my boobs then lol

Really weant to be able to breast feed this time round so im trying to do all i can now to make that happen.

x

The best thing you can do hun is find out about local breastfeeding support groups in your area. Your midwife wil have details about these, they are invaluable. Also find the la leche league and NCT breastfeeding support numbers, they have helped me loads.

Is it not just one of those things - Boobs getting bigger? I''ve just got bigger everywhere lol!! Defo BIGGER (o)(o)

i will be asking my midwife about suport groups etc next time i see her, want to make sure im on top of it this time round coz i had no help with Coby and his tongue tie.

Im really worreid this baby will have one too, the pain is horrible, my friends baby had one but she got it snipped, i dont think i could do that.

x

Sorry to be silly but what is tongue tie? What did your friend get snipped?

Soz if its a dumb Q! :blush:

its like a bit of skin tieing your tongue down, its really hard to explain.

I have it, Ethan and Coby have it, Charlie got away with it lol, we cant stick out tongues out further than out lip, it makes breastfeeding harder coz the baby has to suck more, and can cause delayed speech.
Ethan used to say doat and tencil instead of boat and pencil and struggled to sound words out untill he was about 5, now he is fine tho.

It doesnt affect me atall as an adult, expect i cant get my tongue periced lol

here is a picture of one so you can see, its hard to expalin it right

https://tonguetie.ballardscore.com/images/figure1.jpg

x

Ah I see Layla. Pains lil ones when younger then? :(

it doesnt hurt them i dont think, they just have to work at things a bit harder for a while.

Ethan is 7 now and he speaks fine and everything is normal with him.

You can get that bit of skin cut at birth so it allowes the tongue to move normaly, but i dont think i could do that to a baby, they dont numb it or anything, just snip it with a pair of scissor things.

x

That made me cringe!! I couldn't do it to myself so I couldn't do it to my baby!!

yeah me too, when she told me she had it done to her baby i was a bit shocked.

If it caused long term problems then MAYBE i would consider it, but its never done me any harm and Ethan is ok now so i couldnt do it to a baby knowing it was a short term problem

x

I went up from 9 stones 10 approx to about 13 1/2 stones with Bethanie, so my boobs went from a 34C to about a 38DD.. I was wearing an F cup a few days after giving birth, my boobs were like fooking footballs! and they hurt so much.. ouch! I wasn't sure if my boobs got bigger because of pregnancy or just because I was eating for 2, 3 or 4.. lol.

Like someone else said though, the amount of milk doesn't count on the size of your boobs so don't worry.

Layla I know someone who had the tongue tie op done on their baby, they had to go privately as our local authority wouldn't pay for it. Straight after they did it they told her to breastfeed and the baby healed really quickly. I don't think it was too traumatic but I can understand totally how you feel :)

hi layla i agree with beanine i breast feed my 3 and when i was preg with angharad mine went massive after i had her they went bigger again but i only managed to feed her for 7 weeks as my milk was just not feeding her :cry:im gutted as ive done it with my other 2 and only managed to 7 on her so i dont think size means a good supply xx

I have that, a piece of skin pulls tight so I can only stick my tongue out a little. (DH calls me turtle tongue :cry:)
But my mum breast fed me fine and I was quite advanced with my walking talking etc so it never did me any harm.

My Dentist noticed it a while ago and told me her baby has had the skin cut and she asked if I'd had any problems. I didn't realise it was so common.

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->