To all you expert charters!!

Pretty Sakura

Reaction score
Ok, right now it is looking like af will most likely rear her ugly head around the 3rd or 4th. In preparation for her I would REALLY like some advice on charting. This will make my first month doing this, being so I need all the advice I can get to have the most accurate chart possible. I also want to make sure I am definately Oing each month.:thumbup: So ladies if you have time I would truely appreciate all your tips!!:hugs:

Lots and lots of :dust::dust::dust: to all of you ladies waiting on your :bfp:!

Get a digital thermometer and take your temp first thing when u wake up before moving!

You can also use Ovulation Predictor Tests..have a look on ebay, there's some good deals to be had.

Also get used to checking and monitoring your cervical mucous (gross i know). It's really helpful in getting used to your cycle.

Most importantly, ASK ASK ASK!! The girlies on here are aces, and no matter how silly the question may seem, you can guarantee someone will know what you are on about!

hey sakura, get yourself a BBT (thermometer that reads to 2 decimal places). Make sure you temp at the same time every morning, as soon as you wake. Make sure your temp is the first thing you do in the morning before everything else. Sign up with Fertility Friend and you can put your tems in there and it will be able to determine when you ov.

good luckx

Would you look at that... my 1000 post and now a chat happy bnb member!

I already had the thermometer because I was going to try doing it this month but I got an off the wall temp and gave up. Stupid I know. I know you should do it at the same time each morning, but sometimes I wake up before my alarm and the times vary. Not sure which time to temp... I have been using opks and had no problem but it would be nice to know for certain when I Oed. Thanks for sucha quick response!

As long as you have slept for more than 3 hours then take the temp as you wake up even if that is before your alarm.

Even though it may look a bit irratic to start with a pattern will develop :)

Ideally your temp will be taken wihin the same hour - so ifyour alarm goes off at 7.30 anytime between 7 and 8 will be accurate enough - if they are wildly all over, you may want to get a new battery for the thermometer!

I saw a pattern after one month of taking temps = Altho this month I am being less consistant at taking it - I keep forgetting! :dohh:

yeah, i don't always temp at the same time...i just wake up, reach over to get my thermometer, temp, and go back to sleep if needed. Every now and then, I'll get a really weird one but they say that alcohol and sleeping with your mouth open can have an effect. I just chart it and move on cause a pattern will emerge.

btw, you can temp either orally or vaginally. I temp oral but some women say that vaginal gives them a more accurate temp.

Also, it's not necessary to temp during your AF but many women do just to keep in the habit and also have a more complete chart.

You guys are being extremely helpful and I appreciate it!!!:hugs: Also the first day of my cycle is the first flow day of af and not the spotty days?

Yeah I think it is the first flow day - to be honest your first day doesnt really tell you much.. its a dip followed by a temp rise (which increases steadly over 3 days). Your period generally comes 14 days after the dip

You will see a pattern overtime - fertility friend is very user friendly - if you click on teh link in my siggy you will get there :)

Im sorry for posting this in someone elses thread but i am new to this site and cant figure out how to post my own LoL....i was wondering if someone could please look at my chart and tell me what is goin on? I had a HUGE temp dip on CD 13 then my temp shot up on CD 16,so i thought for SURE i ovulated,and now on CD 17 they went back down...Did I NOT ovulate? Am I NOT going to? Please Help Thanks all & baby Dust!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2965ca

Im sorry for posting this in someone elses thread but i am new to this site and cant figure out how to post my own LoL....i was wondering if someone could please look at my chart and tell me what is goin on? I had a HUGE temp dip on CD 13 then my temp shot up on CD 16,so i thought for SURE i ovulated,and now on CD 17 they went back down...Did I NOT ovulate? Am I NOT going to? Please Help Thanks all & baby Dust!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2965ca

You can click" New thread" to make your own post. It's right above the first thread of each forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->