To do the deed or not!!

izzy29

Reaction score
I have suffered from a number of bleeds so far in this pregnancy. I am now 22weeks preg and found out last week the bleeding has been due to a cervial polyp which can bleed on and off the whole pregnancy. I have sort of neglected OH recently and he has been totally understanding but I am a bit scared if we do get intimate I will start to bleed again. Has never happened after it before but it has been a while, cant even remeber the last time now!! Do you think I would be safe enough for intercourse?? Wasnt told to abstain or anything

If you haven't been told to avoid sex then I think it's up to you and how you're feeling.

Just make sure you feel confortable Sweetie x

Im so with u here! I have told my oh every time when i get my next scan then we are ok to do it (die to bleeding). Then i bleed again. I arranged last nite to but fell alseep watching tv. :rofl: I will do it tonight or tomorrow but im nervous :cry:

Porkpie, I am exactly the same, I said mayhbe this weekend and now I am a bit worried. Took us 14 months to get preg so it has gone from one extreme to the other in the bedroom department so I feel a bit bad about it. Havent had any bleeding in a few days now so hopefully it stays that way

Understand where you are coming from hunn but unless you have been told not to have :sex: im sure it will be safe to do so, as long as you are relaxed and both gentle, see how it goes if you are sore you can stop. Hope it all works out if you decide to go ahead.

:hug:

well, i wouldn't feel guilty about it... if you and your OH were trying for 14 months to get pregnant, he realizes that it was hard to get to where you are now!! I'm sure he's just as worried as you are!!

But like some of the other girls said, if you haven't been told not to have it, I don't see why not. If you're worried about a bleed, just maybe no crazy wild BDing!! lol.

anytime I have been at the hosp they have asked has it been post coital, which it never has been, so I am assuming it is pretty common after but would still be frightening to see red blood no matter what the circumstances. Suppose I wont know unless I try!! Still just considering it though!and OH is very understanding about it and is not making me feel under any pressure at all.

well, if you're not comfortable doing it, and having the possibility of some blood, i wouldn't do it.
you don't want to work yourself up over it!

I really want to but then on the other hand, i dont, OH is the same. Might say to MW next time I am speaking to her to see what she thinks, or maybe google it!!!

Hunn, if you are that nervous about doin it and oh is too neither of you will enjoy it, dont make decision to do or not to do, just be close and see where it gets you, the fact he understands is a big thing most guys get so bloody selfish, dont beat yourself up about it 14 months is a long time to be trying for a baby so your worry is understandable.
you can be close and intimate with each other without full :sex:

:hug::hug:

don't google it!!!! google is evil!!!!
endlessly causes freakouts with me that are so unneccesary because google doesn't always bring up experts!! lol.
just take everything there with a grain of salt..

I say go for it. If something doesn't feel right, switch it up to something that doesn't involve penetration. Oh and have fun! =P

up until i hit 24 weeks i would have sex but wouldnt let him get in me properly, its enough to get them off but cant hurt baby

maybe u should try that, or as others have said, u can keep him happy without full sex ;)

I would double check with your doctor / midwife. Mine neglected to tell me that I wasn't allowed to have sex because of an incompetant cervix. I only found out by reading up, I had to double check with her last time I went, she said she thought she'd mentioned it.

If it's ok then please go for it - I'm not allowed any sex or any kind of sexual anythings until the baby is born and am dying! If the doctor's sure it's safe then you should go enjoy yourself :hugs:

Don't feel bad at all!!! Me and my OH have only had sex twice in 5 months and that was in two days so the whole time he's been without... i haven't even bled and i'm not comfortable with it so i don't blame u at all, i'd be exactly the same. Its not about what he needs its about what u feel ready and comfortable with, don't risk it if your worried, playing and lots of foreplay is just as good if not better, OH is more than happy with this instead of sex so he doesn't miss it. :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->