To go or not to go...that is the question!

Sakura15

Reaction score
Okay. So I almost already know the answer, but I could do with some encouragement!

After my mc last year (April), I decided to get my scuba diving certification in the Philippines for my birthday (October). It gave me something to look forward to that I wouldn't have been able to do if the pregnancy had continued and it helped pull me out of the despair I felt. Fast forward to now, that diving trip didn't pan out, and we're working towards TTC in August 2015. We already have summer plans, and it suddenly occurred to me that if I don't go before June, I may never get to go until.....who knows when??

So Easter holiday is my last window! Only 4 weeks away, and like many places it's a peak travel time in Asia, so not the cheapest. OH is not the type to support spontaneous decisions that impact our finances...Long story short, he thinks I should go because it means so much to me, but he doesn't want to go because he is trying to apply for jobs with higher pay before we TTC and wants to focus on that for the next couple of months.

All that is great, but I don't want to go alone :nope: My sister lives over here too, but can't afford to come with me. One friend can afford it, but won't have enough time off. Another friend already has travel plans somewhere else. It seems like it is the perfect opportunity for a 'spiritual' trip of sorts - all by myself, doing something that means a lot to me, a great chance to really get in tune with myself before my life changes permanently. But...I'm scared. I almost always travel with OH and when I don't, I'm meeting up with friends or something. I know I should go and would regret it if I didn't, but I can't seem to pull the trigger and book the flight...

Should I just not go and hope to have an opportunity again sometime after starting our family? Or should I bite the bullet and go alone....?

Go. Definitely go.

Is it scary? Yes, but it will be an amazing experience! Take some time for yourself before TTC and use the trip to get your mind and body ready. Take lots of pictures and write a bit of a travel journal if that's your thing.

Imagine the story you'll have to tell your future LO about your adventure.

:happydance:

Also, best of luck and all the baby dust in the world for when you do TTC and my best wishes for a healthy pregnancy.

https://lt3f.lilypie.com/YXJKp11.png

Thank you ladies!!

Gaaaahh...Okay okay....I might go..... I made the accommodation booking and am holding the flights...will sleep on it tonight.

Not really into travel journalling, xstitcher87 but thinking I might start a WTT journal if anyone here is interested. If I do, I'll put a pic or two in there :)

I agree with the others about going! Yes it can be scary doing it all on your own, but also very liberating. It's a great self-confidence boost as well!

Can you book it through a group setting or something? So you're not fully alone, and someone else still coordinates everything?

Booked!

That's a good idea, Kitteh_Kat, although I have a hard time with strangers, sometimes. The course will be taken with a group though so a bunch of it will be with other people and then I'll have a day or two to myself.

Still feeling :nope: but hopefully as it draws near, that will change to :happydance: !

Was just about to say you will meet some people on your course so you won't be 'alone'. I actually met my hubby on my PADI open water! Similar to you I booked the course because I was in the doldrums (recently single, lonely, feeling a bit like a failure) and wanted something to look forward to/be proud of, and went on my own not knowing anyone.....8 years later! lol

Have a fabulous time. I miss diving (haven't been for about 7 years as I have glue ear so can't :-( )....enjoy yourself x

Wow, aimee-lou! That's amazing. Great story :)

Diving is one of the most amazing things I've ever done (possibly THE most) - sorry to hear you can't dive anymore. Good thing you were able to have that experience before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->