• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

To lie about LMP to match late ovulation?

mrsmax

Cautiously PAL
Reaction score
I track ovulation with opks and used to do temping. I know I ovulated on cd17 which gives due date of 12 sept, but going by lmp EDD is 10 sept. I know from experience GPS and midwives ignore ovulation and go on LMP. I am tempted to give my LMP a couple of days later than it actually was so thge midwives due date xwill match with actual ovulation....? Anyone done this?

Ive not but when you have the 12wk dating scan your due date can be changed, mine was put 4 days ahead

Also, forgot to add, if you tell them your lmp is actually the ov date, thats a good couple wks diff & that makes alot of diff on a scan, so your 12wk scan wouldnt be as far along & have to be re scanned..

I worried about this because i didnt have regular periods - having just come off bc. My lmp and ovulation date had about 3 week discrepency in dating my pregnancy. I gave my honest lmp to the midwife and explained my concerns and she just booked my 12week dating scan based on lmp and said if its too far out they'll just ask me back for another one. I had my first dating (based on lmp) and was measuring just over 9 weeks so i just had an extra scan a few weeks later at 12 weeks :) Saw the positive in that it allowed us to have a free early scan and the due date is now based on baby's growth at 12weeks anyway. Xxx

I just told my OB I was using OPK'S. She said by lmp my dd would be july 11th but with dating scan and my OPK date she gave me a dd of July 15th.

I wouldn't worry about 2 days. Just tell them your last lap and the scan will confirm the babies development at around 12 weeks.

Thanks everyone. I guess that makes sense. I am planning an early reassurance scan due to recent mc and thought the date discrepancy might flag a problem that isnt therw but I guess I am over thinking it! Thanks ladies x

I do lie simply because my lmp is so far from my ovulation. My cycles are 6 weeks long 4 weeks from lmp to ovulation and then 2 weeks to menstruation so going by my lmp (because they base it on the average 4 week cycle) puts me 2 weeks ahead.

If your ovulation date was before your lmp date, I would say go ahead and go by your ovulation date. However, since it is after, I would just go by your lmp and have them adjust it when you get an early scan if they need to.

2 days difference is seriously not a big deal. They'll give you a due date anyway later on, based on how your baby is measuring.

It's not worth it for a few days.

My ovulation was 2 weeks out last time. They put my lmp date on the forms but booked everything to my actual dates based on an early scan

I have had this with my first pregnancy and this pregnancy - the midwife won't accept that I ovulate a few days later that the norm despite the fact I use ovulation tests and spot the signs. They just change my dates eventually when the baby always measures 2 days behind. I've already had a scan at 7 weeks and no surprises, the doctor said 'you're measuring two days behind'. Yeahhhhh I know Sherlock! But like everyone has said, two days in the greater scheme of things is nothing.

That all makes sense. Thanks ladies. I guess I aftermy miscarriage I dont want to gear the words "you are a few days behind" unless I have to as it brings back bad memories. Stupid I know!!

I told my doc I have irregular periods but knew my ovulation date beased on opk's and bbt. He said fine, and made up my lmp as two weeks before my ovulation date. Now when asked I do just use the date he gave me. It's silly to use lmp in my opinion, especially if you know your ovulation date!

That's totally understandable mrsmax, that would be hard to hear. But at least you are hearing it for a reason, and not because baby is really behind :) Just keep remembering that. If you feel strongly about it, you can discuss it. I'm all for using your ovulation date if you know it for sure, it's common sense, but doctors don't all use common sense. I measured 2 days behind, but I ovulated a day later than a "normal" cycle - and as doctor says, baby will most likely catch up because it's so small to measure 100% accurately anyway.

Mrsmax I just set my tickers and apps etc to the date I thought instead of lmp, then when I had my scans they matched exactly to my dates instead of lmp, but I hadn't been counting my pregnancy from lmp anyway so it didn't matter to me at all. That way I didn't feel like I was pushed back at all.

My EDD is also 2 days ahead because I ovulated late. My doctor agreed that the size of the baby corresponds to late ovulation but they still kept the EDD based on LMP. I am keeping my tracking and tickers based on the ovulation EDD. I also made sure to schedule my NT scan for 12 weeks based on ovulation EDD.

I'm in the same boat! I always ovulate wk3 or 4 of my cycle as have 6 weeklies. Also concerned due to mc but as long as I know the dates in my head I will know if its really measuring behind or not! I'm just will take the extra scan if needed.

Im considering an early reassurance scan also but really don't want another internal one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"