To mitt or not to mitt?

hodbert

Reaction score
Holly seems to be constantly pulling her hands up to her face and draggin her fingers down it, inevitably scratching herself. She seems to do it a lot on her eyes too, which worries me that she is going to scratch her eyes. I use mitts and babygrows with the sleeves that fold over at the end to cover her hands, but I dont want her hands constantly restrained. I know she is still young and will grow out of it, but for the time being does anyone have any advice, or should I just wait it out? :shrug:

I'd put something over her hands! My LO used to do this, still does at night time. She sleeps with socks on her hands now :haha:

I put mitts on Bella till about two months, you'd want these out as soon as possible as they start exploring their hands, finding their thumbs, self-settling etc :)

I never put any mitts on Gabriel. I just didnt like it. He was all about his hands even when he was in the womb, so I couldnt cover them. I would go nuts. I just kept his nails trimmed, filed. He was fine.

I re-read my post and realised how stupid I sound saying she might scratch her eyes should I cover her hands :dohh: !! But I want her to use her hands/explore etc which is what I meant with my post!

I'd mitt too. They have plenty of time to explore with their hands after they get past the point of scratching their faces bloody.

I'd mitt as well. Mine didn't really get into hands or grabbing toys until later. Now, I wish I could mitt her as she's discovered pinching and is leaving bloody marks on me (I cut and file her nails every day, I don't know how she manages). However, she needs her hands far more and pinching sadly is part of proper development...

Yes, mitt! Had to with Thomas and now he doesn't do that so much.

P.S scratching face is a sign of being tired.

I still have to put mitts on Autumn, shes horrible! Not all day though, but if shes tired or gassy its a must, shes killer on the left side of her head.

Jasper is mitted constantly as he goes for his eyes at every opportunity! I had to do the same with Heather until she was about two and a half months and she developed normally, so I'm not worrying about it :hugs:

I'd mitt as well. Mine didn't really get into hands or grabbing toys until later. Now, I wish I could mitt her as she's discovered pinching and is leaving bloody marks on me (I cut and file her nails every day, I don't know how she manages). However, she needs her hands far more and pinching sadly is part of proper development...

That's how Clara is too! She was never a scratcher, but now she pinches and scratches me constantly. My chest is covered in scratches lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->