To puke or not to puke?

paigekins

Proud Mama of Twin Boys
Reaction score
I'm so frustrated. My MS has let up a bit, but it was REALLY bad for a few weeks. I still get sick sometimes though and I dread that feeling of nausea... However, I'm not sure what the correct outcome is.

When our morning sickness kicks in... is our goal supposed to be to puke to ease the nausea? Or is the goal to hold everything down for the babies? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

I won't lie. My instinct is to puke. I feel SO much better afterward, but I get frustrated when I can't puke and it's just the nausea.

not TMI at all, I'd love to know the answer. I'm not sure whether the MS is caused by our bodies overreacting to the food and in that case we should try to keep the nutrients in, or if our bodies are telling us to get rid of it and we should try to throw up

I think our bodies are telling us to get rid of it. The only way I could feel a little better was to be sick. I'm still sick now at times :(

I feel like my body wants it gone. But when I asked the nurse about MS, she told me that if the only thing I could keep down was McDonald's french fries, then eat McDonald's french fries.

Take your vitamins and then do whatever makes you feel better. :) Baby will be fine; he or she will get all the nourishment he needs off you (unless you are seriously dehydrated/malnourished, in which case you'd be at the doctors by that point hopefully) and there's no sense sitting around feeling like crap when you could feel a bit more human after puking. :thumbup:

Ive popped in from 2nd tri when i saw this thread on the main page, in my experience its better to puke..I say this cos I puked everyday (bar maybe 7) from 6 to 17 weeks and a few times after too and I found that if i tried to supress the feeling it would get worse and worse and Id end up puking anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->