• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

to sleep or not to sleep?

marmite

Mother of 1
Reaction score
so ive had pains today, from about 10am following a sweep about 5-10minutes apart, they haven't eased up at all, im loosing bits of plug, and i really think things might be beginning.

what im wondering is, should i try and get some sleep tonight? The pains aren't unbearable yet, but im thinking i might not be able to sleep even if i tried.

my mum suggested i tried to go to sleep tonight so I have enough energy for what could potentially be a long process, but im worried if I do manage to drift off labour might significantly slow or stall all together....

Thoughts?

I don't know to be honest but I'd probably try to get some sleep :) Goodluck

I really really would try to sleep. I had two nights of on and off contractions in my first pregnancy and didn't manage to sleep at all in either of them. By the time I got to being in established labour, I was soooo shattered as I had not slept in 48 hours. I ended up with an epidural because I was too tired to deal with the pain! I think I could have done it without an epidural if I had not been so tired.

Why wouldn't you sleep??? I would rest as much as possible right now.

When I had my lo, I was up for two days staright after. I had him at 1am , so that didn't help. With all the adrenaline and everything else, it's exhausting.

Sleep now!!!

Definitely sleep!!

When I was in early/slow labour with our daughter I had contractions for three nights and I tried to sleep as much as possible, I even ran a bath and would sleep in the bath for as long as possible.

You will need all your energy when you are in established labour

xXx

yeah, im thinking i might give it a go, depending on how im feeling in about an hour or two.

Last time I had bad pains the night before I went into labour, I tried to sleep through them, but didnt get a moments sleep, and went fully into labour the next night, then I had my baby girl in the evening of the next day, I was shattered and did end up with a c-section, but I also wonder if i had just kept going and not tried to sleep wether things may have progressed more quickly.

To be honest, I very much doubt I will actually be able to sleep, getting really quite painful, maybe it would be a good idea to try for a few hours, if no luck get up and going again?

thanks for the support, yeah, I think i'll give sleep a go, at the end of the day if i truly can't sleep, I can always get back out of bed :flower:

sleep honey,if its gonna happen its gonna happen......Good luck xxxx

I keep telling myself that if I can get to sleep, I can't possibly be in proper labour yet! Grab it while/if you can!

I see you're offline, hope that means you're sleeping soundly!
Hope the morning brings some progress, good luck :thumbup:

Definitely sleep,
you'll need all the energy you can get.
don't forget to eat also.

My OB says if you can't sleep because the pain is so bad...THAT is when you call the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"