To soy or not to soy?!

carlywarly

Reaction score
Ok so I'm on average about 31-33 days between cycles. I usually ovulate around cd19-21 and have about 11-12 day Luteal Phases.

When ttc my son, I am unsure how long my LP was as I conceived each cycle - 2 chemicals, a mc and then my son. I had been worried that my LP is too short this time around as we've now been trying with a donor (Ai method) for 16 cycles. The first 10 months were with one donor and we changed donor due to no bfp - thinking it may have been a compatibly issue.

I am having no luck whatsoever! I tried Agnus Castus and b6 for 3 months but it made my cycles wacko :wacko: Since stopping all vitamins (bar Folic acid) my cycles seem to be back on track but LP is still around 12 days. I am just wondering if Soy Isos may help me? I have heard some people say it's brilliant - and others say steer clear. I'm just about ready to try ANYTHING....I just don't want it to affect my cycles again. My bmi is stopping me going to the docs...and after ny mc the doc told me I had PCOS. I conceived my son really easily though so 16 months is really starting to take its toll.

For some women it seems to help for some it does not , for me it does not help soy actually delays my ovulation, and I have read of others who had non ovulatory cycles after taking it. I would ask my doctor for clomid before trying soy again.

Thanks for the reply :) Clomid is deffo not an option for me...so its Soy or bust lol

You're the not supposed to take soy with PCOS

Soy products are actually very bad for people with PCOS. It's to do with the way your body metabolises it.

This link says https://www.keeperofthehome.org/2008/10/living-with-pcos-things-to-avoid.html

1) Soy

In a very brief nutshell, here is the main issue with soy as it relates to PCOS:

Soy phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine function and have the potential
to cause infertility and to promote breast cancer in adult women.

I tried soy twice. The first time I ovulated early but still had a short LP. The second time I ended up with a 60 day anovulatory cycle.

It is "natures clomid" apparently, but only for those who metablise it correctly. With PCOS it's likely it will just cause you not to ovulate

I would visit the dr. If anything they might be able to assist with the weight loss and get you on a treatment plan. I was prescribed clomid with a BMI of 33 and that's what got me pregnant in the end :)

Also, give spearmint tea a go - that regulated me a lot

You're the not supposed to take soy with PCOS

I thought the opposite was true hun? I thought it was 'nature's Clomid'? x

It is "nature's clomid" but for whatever reason you're not supposed to take it with PCOS. I didn't look into it further since I don't have PCOS.

Try apple cider vinegar, it's great for fertility https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/pcos-diet-vinegar.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->