to start thyroid meds

traylee01

Reaction score
Hi my Dr called and I'm 5 weeks my tsh is 3.8 (was 3.7 with my 4yr old) free t4 is 12.4. I never been treated with meds before as they have always ignored my thyroid etc now she wants to start me on thyroxine I'm not sure I want to start it right now not sure worth the risk since never been on meds.

The sooner you get on meds and get your levels under control, the better things will be. I was on meds before I got pregnant so I had a small handle on it already unlike yours... Baby will need your thyroid hormones until around 12 weeks if I remember correctly.

Yea I no just don't wanna start in middle as to many mixed dosages to get it right. And if it drops to low you miss carry to. So I think I'll leave it see what happens then get on meds.as this was all natural and happened naturally. My 4yr old my tsh was 3.7 at 6 weeks and it never got checked again.

My thyroid was 3.88, and now I'm on synthroid and its normal. Its important because your thyroid will effect the development of baby's brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->