To stop the pill 2 months early or not?!!!

P

Pancha67

Basically... We're ready for a baby now and the only thing stopping us is a holiday booked in July. I am worried coming off the pill at the end of April won't be long enough to regulate the pill and then I won't know when I am due on etc. I am getting all in a Tizz's. Also starting a new job this week too 😮 I want to stop the pill ASAP to regulate my periods.

I would say if you want to stop taking the pill then do it. No one can tell you if your period will get back to regular immediately or just within a year. Just do what feels right for you.

Some people apparently get a fertility peak the first month of pill so worth trying to take advantage of that.I know the dilemma though is the same here for the end of the year.

Some people apparently get a fertility peak the first month of pill so worth trying to take advantage of that.I know the dilemma though is the same here for the end of the year.

I decided to quit the pill 5 months before starting ttc and I sure don't regret my decision. I am now in my fourth cycle off the pill and I feel mentally more stable and also very happy that I can get to know my body and fertility signs through charting. During these four cycles my cycle length has shortened and I am ovulating 5 days earlier than in my first cycle.

Good luck with your decision.

My DH randomly decided that he was ready to try earlier than we'd been planning so I went off the pill in Jan and we started trying immediately. I haven't ovulated yet and my Dr says that's not unusual so I recommend ASAP.

I would recommend going off the pill early because it is so much more stressful TTC when you don't know your cycle. A lot of symptoms coming off the pill feel like pregnancy symptoms so you drive yourself mad thinking you are pregnant and just facing disappointment with BFN's. If you can have a few months to regulate everything and learn all your body cues then you might feel more relaxed when it is actually time to TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->