To test or not to test?

Anjali

Reaction score
Missed my period, today is 5th day AF free. Hubby and I have been ttc for a year, this is the 14th month (including 2mths break). A few months ago I started working with a naturopath that figured out that I have slightly raised estrogen and we worked it out naturally. Everything seems to be absolutely fine. I'm having a hard time trusting what I'm experiencing because we've been disappointed so many times. I'm hoping you ladies can help me figure this out.

My boobs have been sore but nothing insane. They seem slightly bigger or swollen, nips are not bigger or darker but I've been having a hard time sleeping on my stomach or sides cause breasts hurt. Sometimes the pains spreads down my armpits and even my arms. I've been having (sorry, tmi) poop cramps which feel like period cramps at first but then it turns out I have to go. Yesterday had some soft stool like you would when you're on your period. I've been insanely gassy for a week, also bloated and constipated. The gas smell is awful and I'm not usually like this because I eat really well and take care of my digestive system. Yesterday I was making breakfast and smelled chicken broth, out of nowhere, it was gross (I am vegetarian). I thought nothing of it until later I went to the food store to food shop and smelled it again, and when I was over by the hot foods and soups it was worse. I felt unnerved and slightly shaky, just didn't feel well. Had to hurry up and finish shopping and get out of there. Been cramping on and off, but no bleeding as of yet. Having creamy cm, but haven't had spotting or thick mucus in panties. My joints have been a bit achy. I've also been really tired, but it could be attributed to other things as well.

Do you guys think I should test? On one hand I am having a hard time trusting myself and what I'm experiencing, on the other hand I think this could be it. We are reluctant to get emotionally attached to this and end up in tears. Last time we tested we thought I was out because we got a BFN, but then I missed AF. That was Friday the 4th. I know some women can have a BFP not show up until later on in the game. Getting a BFN would be hard right now, and confusing considering I'm late.

Should we go for it and test, should we wait? Is there enough HCG to show up?

I would say go for it and test! Heightened smell and sore breath are pregnancy symptoms, and since you've missed your period by 5 days I'd say there should be enough HCG present to catch it on a test. I know what that's like to be afraid of getting yet another BFN and the disappointment that comes with it. But you never know! This might be your BFP :)

I think sometimes the HCG levels can change a lot in a couple of days, sometimes it'll say BFN before your missed period and then BFP a few days later lol. FX and good luck to you!! :)

Definitely agree with Oregoon. It all sounds very promising.

Wishing you lots of luck xx

Just saw some bright red so I think I'm out. I guess that rules out the testing! Ha. Thanks anyway everyone! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->