To the ladies who have managed to stay fit and healthy so far: Help!

littlejune

Reaction score
Hi mommas,

So pre-pregnancy I was very healthy. I have been for most of my adult years. I generally eat very clean- my husband and I have an organic garden and our own chickens which we get eggs from. I proudly cook us meals with clean, whole food in mind- but allowed myself the occasional splurge. I rarely consumed sugar and kept my simple carbs to a minimum. On top of that I was leading a very physically active life. On top of working a super physical job, I was regularly lifting weights and sprinting. Sounds great right?

Well, since about week 6 or 7 of pregnancy it has all gone down hill. I can't seem to keep healthy foods down and about the only foods that sounds reasonably edible are things like sweets and carbs. I think I've eaten fast food almost every day this week. And my exercise is non-existent. I was good about jogging and doing pilates for a few weeks but now I can't hardly go for a walk without feeling exhausted and light headed.

I am having SUCH a hard time staying healthy and I don't want to set myself up for failure fitness wise after baby is here. Any of you fit ladies managing to maintain a realistically healthy lifestyle? Want to give me some pointers on how you do it? Or at least some healthy food choices that you don't end up throwing up? Thanks a lot!

I could have written this! The only things I could eat from weeks 6.5-9 were cereal, pasta and greasy takeaway foods. I am now just over 12 weeks, and am feeling much better, although seriously starving all the time!! I'm trying really hard to eat healthy, but I'm finding it so hard. I've already put on 4kg (8 pounds.) I feel awful! Anyway over the past couple of weeks I've been trying to walk. I still have bad days, so there has been the occasional day where I do nothing!
Yesterday I went to the gym and for a long walk. Hoping to keep it up because I feel great about it.

Sorry, no advice really - just my story. Just do what you can and don't force your body to eat and do things it doesn't want to, because it will get better :flower:

Ugh exactly the same here! I was doing 45mins of exercise 6 times a week and eating super clean. Since getting preggo I'm doing nothing and eating crap :( hardly anything healthy is appealing to eat and I'm so so tired all the time.

I've found I can eat fruits and yoghurt in the morning after a few weeks of being totally fruit averse and baked potatoes with various protein fillings (tuna, beans etc) is a reasonable substitute for junk food.

Will be following for other tips tho!

Glad I'm not alone, at least! At this point I keep hearing from other mommies in my life that first trimester is just no fun and to not worry too much about things. I've been told to eat what I can in moderation, exercise when I'm up for it and take my pre natals. It still makes me feel lazy, but I'm holding out hope for the promise of second trimester being better. If you get any helpful tips on staying healthy beyond, just "eat what you can" haha, let me know!

Haha I don't think there are any :( It is just such a struggle in the first trimester.

I walked my dogs, went for a bike ride, and then did 30 min of stair climbs at the beach today. It's only midday and I'm about to have a nap. But, there's proof that it does get better! :thumbup:

Good on you buffy! I did manage to go for a hike yesterday and we did a fair bit of walking. I also avoided unhealthy foods so that's a success! Baby steps... *pun intended...?*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->