To those knowledgeable about clomid - need some advise!

purplite

Reaction score
OK Ladies - CD 1 for me (boooo!!). Need some advise tough. With DS, I conceived on second month of clomid 3-7 (50mg), but don't remember the specifics other than I Oed CD 19 the first time and CD 18 the second time. Note: I'm on clomid for long (45-70) day cycles - never usually O before CD 35.

Now on to trying for #2:

This time around, I just finished my first cycle of clomid (50mg). On that cycle, AF started around 9pm one night, and I counted that as CD 1 since it started of strong. I take clomid at night before bed, so when I took it on CD 3 at night, technically I'd only had AF for ~48-50 hours but it was CD 3 (does that make sense?)

I Oed on CD 18 with really sharp O pains for 48 hours. So the upside is that at least it's working with respect to getting me to O and seems to be working in the same way it did last time (same O day)! So that's good.

OK so now on this second cycle, I just woke up to AF that was brown at first wipe then bright red a few minutes later (sorry TMI). So I probably started over night. Here's my question:

I know today is technically CD 1, but for clomid purposes should I start late tomorrow night or wait an extra day (to CD 3). If I start late tomorrow night it's more like waiting ~44 hours which is more like I did last time. If I wait until CD 3 it's an extra 24 hours, ya know? I know some people take clomid CD 2-6 as is anyway, so it won't harm me, but I also don't know the reason I'm not conceiving. The sharp O pains make me think I had big follicles but who knows (I'm not monitored until this cycle starting CD 11).

Any advice much welcomed!

I wouldn't stress about it...it's 6 of 1 and half-dozen of another. Taking clomid days 2-6 or 3-7 doesn't really make that much difference. The monitoring is *far* more important than the clomid days. Without monitoring, you have no idea how many follicles you have, if they are too big (turn into cysts) or too small (immature eggs), or how thin your lining is (has to be a certain thickness and clomid thins it out). All of those things have a *much* bigger effect on conceiving than a few hours difference in taking clomid.

What kinds of tests did you have run before you started the clomid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->