to those that have taken away the dummy successfully

x-li-x

Me & Hubby + 3 :)
Reaction score
did you find your baby slept and napped better without it or are they worse now, or the same?

:flower:

The dummy just helps her settle then she spits it out and doesn't use it.

My lo sleeps better and naps better she usually spits it out after a while and doesn't usually bother with it

thanks ladies, i was hoping to hear from those who have taken the dummy and babies dont use them anymore :)

I wasn't able to get the dummy of my son until he was 2 :s but when I did he slept pretty much the same for naps and bedtime x

Interested to hear answers to this...

i took the dummy away during the day, and let him have it at night. and when he got used to not having it in the day.
i took it away at night time too. he didnt even notice it was gone because he had gone th whole day with it he just went straight to sleep and slept through as usual. never needed it again. but he was about 19-20 months by this time

It's not quite the same, but I took away the boob as a comfort thing (LO was using me as a dummy!) as it was really disrupting LO's sleep as every time she woke she needed boob to go back to sleep. My LO went from waking between 5-15 times a night (using boob to get her back to sleep) to sleeping for 12 hours straight through the night after one or two difficult nights of getting her used to sleeping without it.

I took it away completely around 9 months (she's 17 months now). I found it helped her to stay settled once she was asleep because she didn't wake up in the night looking for it!

With ALL my babies they used it for a maybe a few days and I stopped giving it to them and they didn't even care. With my newborn she was using it for maybe a few days and I noticed she would fall asleep with it but then it would fall out of her mouth and she'd wake up crying and we all barely slept. So I just stopped giving it to her and now she sleeps a whole lot better. I like the paci's for SIDS reason but honestly they do keep babies up because once they fall out of their mouths and the baby realizes it, they're up and crying.

also did anyone find their baby started trying to suck other things, im currently trying to get rid of the dummy - still a working process but have noticed my son has started shoving the mussy in his mouth to suck, he has always been attached to mussys but never sucked them.

is thi sok been a bit worried about choking n if he needed the sucking comfort wether to just give the dummy back x

i tried but my LO started sucking his thumb and i'd rather him suck then dummy than his thumb so i gave it back to him.

also it makes no difference to his sleep, when he wakes up it's often with the dummy still in his mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->