to those who are mums already..

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by sparkswillfly, Apr 26, 2009.

1. I feel like wanting another baby is somehow betraying Meadow, shes my special little princess and I feel like I shouldnt want another one if that makes sense?

Then I also worry that when I do have another one I wouldnt love him/her as much as I love Meadow.

Does anyone else have these stupid feelings?

2. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I did.. All the time when she was smaller. I think now she's at a stage where we're both ready for another little person to become a part of us, so all those little niggles have gone away. I will never love anyone more than I love her. She will always be so special to me, and the miracle that saved my life. I just hope I can love another little person as much as this!

3. thats how I feel. I dont want to start trying till next year when we have the space and money for another so hopefully in that time. Ill stop thinking like this. Its prob because shes still so new

4. Sarah88

Sarah88 Full time working mummy

My friend was thinking of this. But I think once you have another lo your heart will grow.
    I always worry i'll play favourites

5. I wonder if pregnancy and birth will be as exciting because we have done it all before.

6. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I'm hoping my pregnancy will be less shit.. :rofl:

Plus I'm having a homebirth next time hopefully, so that'll be something exciting.

I agree with your heart growing Sarah! I'm my mums favourite, but my sister is my favourite so there's alot of love..

7. One thing will be diff tho.. Ill actually be trying so that will be exciting.

8. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

Yeah that too!

9. sam#3

sam#3 Lactivist & Intactivist

each time is different so each time its still exciting, and no matter how many you have you always grow more love while you're growing them. i was worried with each of my boys especially harry that it wouldnt be exciting having a new baby as hes #3 but its just as exciting as it was with the others x

10. goddess25

goddess25 Well-Known Member

I think its normal to feel this way. I want another planning on ttc when my LO is about a year old, i feels as if I am rushing into things but I am 35 this year and am running out of time so need to get a move on. I worry about the same stuff as you, its hard to imagine how someone else can be included in this love fest! Not to mention I have no time to do anything with just 1 child how can i manage with 2.

11. AnnaBanana9

AnnaBanana9 Mummy

What a beautiful way of putting it!
    I had been worrying about exactly the same thing, and this has made me feel better.
    x

12. ricschick

ricschick Proud mummy of 6!

i felt this way when i was planning on having emma that i loved ellie so much how could i have enough love for baby no 2 and you just do! its strange, my babies are the most precious things in my life and after each one it was just as exciting.

13. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

My OH is very worried about this!

14. alio

alio Well-Known Member

there's something so nice about that! x

15. welshlass

welshlass Well-Known Member

16. Im glad Im not the only one that has thought about this.

17. luckyme225

luckyme225 Well-Known Member

I'm really worried about this. Connor means the world to me and I couldn't imagine that I could love another child as much as I love him. Most people say the minute you see your other child you love them just the same, so I'm hoping it's true!

18. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

sam, i worry about the same thing! but my great aunt once told me, that your love grows and grows! i think its true! some beautiful things have been said in this thread x x x

19. Yeah I know its really soppy:cloud9:

20. AnnaBanana9

AnnaBanana9 Mummy

Soppy but wonderful :cloud9: