Today I am...

A

AppleBlossom

going to get Grace's name changed by deed poll :D

According to the registry office if I go to a solicitors they can legally change her surname to mine. His will still be on the birth certificate but she will have my surname for everything else, passports, school etc

Best news I've heard in ages!!

omg yeeey :) great news!! have you told him your doin this?

haha love it, grace is too beautiful doesnt deserve his name lol

Do you mind me being nosey and asking how much it costs?

thanks :) I'd like to get Alasdair's changed eventually I think. I feel a bit like he isn't mine at the moment lol.

I know how you mean. My ex is a control freak but after his recent actions I am taking a stand and am going to be the one in control. This was the biggest control he had over me but that means bugger all now :)

Can you do it with out him signing?? I really wanted to change Emily's years ago but the solicitor said I couldnt without his permission or she could at 16. :shrug:

Anyway - get it done - I really wish I'd been able to :(

On the website it says you need to get permission but when you go to change it they will not ask to see any written consent, just assume you have it. The woman on the phone said I can do it without permission. And if he found oout I did it without consulting him he can sod off. He has done an awful lot worse without my consent, arguing about it would make him a complete hypocrite. I think all I need is her birth certificate

thats fab hun, maybe it depends on the solictor but my sis in law tried it and they wanted a signature as proof

Lou
xxx

good luck, hope he doesnt go off on one when he finds out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back