Today I heard the name _________ & think it's __________.

today I heared the name Loki and i thaught thats a really cute name

I love the name Loki -- Loki is the god of mischief! Seems like the perfect name for a cheeky little boy like my son... or a naughty little puppy!

Today i heard a woman on TV named Aphrodite........ and think that's a terrible name. (And i try not to say things like that... bc i don't want to insult anyone... but that truly is awful!) Reminds me of "hermaphrodite" :nope:

I love the name Loki -- Loki is the god of mischief! Seems like the perfect name for a cheeky little boy like my son... or a naughty little puppy!

Today i heard a woman on TV named Aphrodite........ and think that's a terrible name. (And i try not to say things like that... bc i don't want to insult anyone... but that truly is awful!) Reminds me of "hermaphrodite" :nope:

Aphrodite is the greek goddess of beauty & sexuality :thumbup:

Aphrodite is the greek goddess of beauty & sexuality :thumbup:

Still awful! :winkwink:

Today i heard the name Linden for a boy and i kind of like it but would never use it.

Today I heard the name Zena Ann... and thought its OK but I wouldn't use it.

Also heard Oisin... pronounced Oh-sheen and thought it sounded to much like Ocean.

Today I heard that Myleene Klass has called her daughter...Hero :dohh:

I think it's awful and originally thought she had had a boy as to me it doesn't sound girly at all :shrug:

Today I heard the name Brianne nn Bria, and thought its really cute but is probably more common in America than the UK :)

I've always liked the name Lyndsey/Lindsay/Lindsey/Linsey... and think it's so soft & pretty everytime i hear it. Wonder why it's not used more often?

I love it too, but this is my problem these days.

Attachments

• LL.jpg
    LL.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 19
a few days ago i heard the name Merryn (girl) and thought it was really pretty and quite unusual without being too "out there".

also i was speaking to someone at work whose cousin named her baby Martha and at first i didn't like it but i actually think it's quite cute now

Oooo i love this thread

I used to lifegaurd school swimming and some of the names were horrible
Atlantic & Ocean were in the same class but thank god they wernt related :haha: Horrible names both girls!
I used to go to college with a girl called Merry .... Why not Mary? Everyone used to just call her Mary and she got really mad about it all the time LOL
A teenage lad used to swim out our pool and his name was X and spelt with just the letter X thats what it says on his birth certificate aswell just X and his brother was called Blaz'in

Oh Lord! X and Blaz'in! Unbelievable!

I have a friend whos mother works in a maternity ward and she hears crazy names all the time. I remember a few years back a girl tried to name her child Cannabis but thank God they wouldn't let her. I guess it's illegal.

oh my thank god that they wouldnt allow it!!! poor child can you imagin going to a job interview or something how embarrassing would that be!

my sister named one of her sons karmen i still cant decide if i like it for a boy or not

I Love Karmen for a boy! I wouldnt personally ever use it though its too close to cartman from south park :haha:

Today i heard the name Summer Zoie and i love it because it is my first niece and she is being named after me :happydance:

my sister named one of her sons karmen i still cant decide if i like it for a boy or not

Yeah I would say a girl if I saw that written. I remember we had someone at work as a locum who was called Kali and the agency sent us the CV and we were expecting a girl, then a 6' tall strapping bloke turned up and we were all so surprised. He said people used to be surprised at his name all the time! I know someone who has named her daughter Karma.

Today I heard the name Cinnamon and thought, wow that must be fairly unusual but it isn't the first person I've come across with that name. Also I thought that I don't like Cin as an obvious nickname.

I love Kali, Karmen & Karmen. Lovely names!

Today I heard Henry, and thought it's not used enough!

A girl in my school is called Doli (like dolly) which I think is really cute.
I was also confused with Myleene Klass calling her daughter Hero!!! Hera - the greek goddess yes, but hero really? Sounds like a boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->