Today is my due date and my baby is 22 days old

luckyno2

Reaction score
Hi all sorry if this does not fit in this section, but I just need to vent, it is soooo unreal that my LO is already 22 days old and today is my due date, he came early with serious complications spending a week in ICU we are at home and are getting to know each other.... it is still very traumatic to think about the birth and the lack of bonding we were robbed of ..

The nurse think I am suffering form depression NO SH#T ... wont you### but my DH think I am OK and he feels the fact that he is at home, with his best buddy and his dad and sister for the holidays... thus spending loads of time OUT by the sea... he feels I am doing fantastic but I wish the nurse wont listen to him and give me the tablets to make me sleep, and relax... I tried to talk to him DH but he has a NO DRUG policy with our LO.

I know it will be ok in the end just sleep when I can and drink lots of JUNGLE JUICE (breast feeding juice from the clinic) which in fact works ...

Thanx for listening..

:hugs: :hugs: Hi there - I am just a bit ahead of you...
My LO is a month old today and was born 4 weeks early - due date was December 10. We were in the hospital for a few days due to feeding problems and low blood sugar, and since he was a preemie the docs formula fed him and I had to work hard to get him to bond/breastfeed.
It was really hard for me - actually it has just started getting easier in the past week or so. I felt like everything was so fast - LO was here early and my labour/delivery was great, but afterwards I didn't get a chance to bond/hold him. The story is much longer, but I won't go on and on...
Anyways, I agree to sleep when you can. I have been able to get a bit more sleep in the past week which I am sure is helping. I spend a day waking/sleeping with LO while my OH made me food - if you can do this - it is highly recommended! But a note about depression - if it is a problem, then definitely talk to the doc because they can really help. Your OH sounds like mine - mine was always saying how well I was doing and was trying to be supportive, but he couldn't understand how I was feeling.
Hope you start feeling better soon xx

Thank you for the reply sun, It is nice to be able to vent and to know I am not the only one that is out there struggling with this ... Thank for the advice... HAVE A GREAT DAY

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->