Today was the worst

Dlcrdh

Reaction score
Has anyone been taking Zofran for nausea?? I've been taking it prn (generally once a day during the week- because having to work makes me nauseous LOL!!) and I believe it is the result of the constipation I've been having the past week or so. Anyone else?? I'm 13 weeks and I've read that constipation mostly occurs in the 3rd trimester due to the baby's position, so I'm not blaming the baby at the moment :)

but man, today was the worst- it's a good thing I was off work today because I literally spent 4-5 hours in the bathroom :( I took some laxatives and stool softeners and finally was able to clear some up just about 30 minutes ago and I already feel so much better- though it's very painful back there (sorry, tmi!).

I've come to the realization that I would much rather puke than go through what I did today, so good-bye Zofran!!! Just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else has had this side effect from Zofran.

I used Zofran for my last two pregnancies. The morning sickness was awful but I had blood in my stools when I finally did relieve myself from the constipation due to Zofran (sorry for the tmi). I don't really know which I prefer. I don't like vomiting but I hate having to sit on the toilet relieving constipation by acting as if I'm pushing out a baby :haha:

TOTAL TMI:

I stopped using zofran this past week. The constipation got too bad. After 3-4 days in a row of no bowel movements, I started doing a cap or miralax every night. It took another 4 days to poop. By then, I had gained almost 9lbs in bloat and non-moving food. It was gawdawful.

When I finally was able to go, the miralax decided to REALLY work, so I spent two days in and out of the restroom totally sick. Two days after that (today), I'm still not going regularly and I'm still about 6 lbs heavier than I was two weeks ago. I know it's not pregnancy gain because I've been so sick that I'm not eating anywhere near enough to actually gain any weight.

Anyway, the last time I took Zofran was on Tuesday, and the only reason I took it them was it was our anniversary and I needed to keep the nausea at bay for our anniversary dinner. Definitely not taking it again unless there is no other choice.

I have Phenergan now. It works, but knocks me out. Better to be sleepy than constipated though!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->