Today we need a heartbeat, after a bleed, cramping.- Upd: Baby measures far behind

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
For two weeks I have been in limbo not knowing whether I am carrying a live and growing baby, or if my baby stopped growing.
Over 2 weeks ago I had a gush of red blood. Not a whole lot but not a little. It stopped right away and on a transvaginal US we saw a small embryo, but no heartbeat.
My doctor said the baby measures about a week smaller than the due date I had. It is scary to think that this might mean my baby stopped growing...but it could also be late implantation or another explanation.
I was put on progesterone and went through 2 very crampy weeks. I have no idea if the cramping means my pregnancy is progressing or that my body does not want it. I know progesterone can prolong a miscarriage.

I have never been so anxious. My appointment is in 5 hrs and I hope to see a healthy baby and a heartbeat.

Update:
We did see a heartbeat that day. However, I had a Pap smear without my consent during the exam. I was not warned or ask. I felt scraping and that was it. I bled more heavily than I think is normal after. Definitely a pad full.
What they also failed to properly explain is the gestational age. They said I was at the end of the "7th week", so I thought alright so it barely measures 8 weeks which is what I had as my corrected date. But looking at the "Mutterpass" I noticed they wrote 6+6....I called and really the baby only measures 6+6.
According to my first dates I should have been close to 9 weeks, however, I had implantation marked as late if I am right about the day. So 8 weeks wasn't too concerning. 6+6 would mean baby was conceived on the 12th when I did not even have unprotected Sex anymore. Plus I got a bfp on the 8th of August, my temp. stood elevated way before that.

fingers are crossed for you please let us know what happens... I feel in limbo too as I hae had cramping and bleeding and no one will do anything because im only 5 1/2 weeks :( so I have to wait it out im scared I have a dr app at 12 so I hope he will refer me or do bloods for hcg or something :(

Good luck, got everything crossed for you xx

I hope you have good news, I've been there too many times!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->