Toddler always wanting to eat!! Anyone else?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
My little man always wants to eat!...say if he has breakfast and then he sees someone else having breakfast he gets really upset and wants to eat again...to the point where he will be in tears. If he sees anyone snacking during the day he will definatly want whatever they are eating. I am sure he is eating more than enough and pretty much all the time he has a piece of fruit or yogurt after his meal...i just dont know what to do...any ideas?? xx

I would love some ideas as I also have a little man who would eat all day if he could

i just go with it.
however with my LO it doesnt affect her meals,
she seems to know how much she needs, and if she's not hungry she doesnt ask for whatever we're eating.
its also an excellent way to get her to try new thingsx

Emma is pretty much only happy if she has food in her hands and mouth. :rofl: The only time she ever throws tantrums is when she wants food and she gets frustrated because she can't open the fridge by herself. I just let her eat as much as she wants and she still eats dinner normally. And hasn't gained a single pound since she was like 14 months old. :dohh:

Lucas is the same, I just go with it to a certain degree, but try and make sure its things like a banana or raisins that I give him...

Oh YEEESS! My Marley is exactly the same, you cant even enjoy your own meals unless he is helping you eat it! Obviously, he is only a toddler so we are hoping he will grow out of this "begging" stage as we call it. And i like to give him different foods to try so giving him little bits off my plate helps me find out what he does and doesn't like. And so far i dont think he doesn't like anything haha!

I think children know what their body needs. Sometimes they eat all day, sometimes they only eat very little

Rocco is what I call a grazer. He grazes like a sheep all day long. Sometimes it affects his meals, but most of the time it doesn't. And he's SO skinny! I would say as long as your LO is eating healthy foods and not a bunch of junk all day, just go with it! I think a lot of kids are like that!

Thanks ladies! Glad to see im not alone xx

OMG Mylo is the total opposite.. EVREY meal time is a struggle, he pays NO ATTENTION to food.. will only stomach crisps or milk.. I am at my wits end!!

I wish we were in your shoes. Theyre growing so give him healthy nibbles if He'll take them I say!

Earl would eat all day every day if he could. Take this morning for example - he had a sippy of milk, a banana and half a slice of toast at his breakfast time (about 6.30), then at about 8am he asked for a juice and a biscuit, then at 9.30 hubby made pancakes and Earl ate 2 with a tiny bit of maple syrup (sticky fingers!!!!!!) and now he's in bed having his nap. He'll want a drink and a snack when he gets up (around midday) then we'll give him lunch out (we are off out shopping later so will eat out today) and then will have a piece of fruit and a biscuit as a snack at about 3.30ish. He'll then have tea at about 5pm and then have milk and some dry cereal at supper time before going to bed at about 7.

He is like this the entire time. Hubby is terrible for 'nibbling' throughout the day and if he's having sweets, crisps, fruit, a sandwich or a bowl of cereal Earl will want some of the same. You can't fob him off with a handful of raisins (I've tried! lol) so I tell hubby to try to limit himself too (probably good for him too lol). Even so Earl will regularly get a bit of chocolate or a couple of crisps or a few cheerios outside of regular meals and snacks (his routine is normally 3 meals, 3 snacks! :wacko:

He's growing like crazy though, and isn't fat at all (despite my mother saying he needs to lose his 'puppy fat' - get lost! lol) - I think it's normal as there's so much to experience at his age, he's bound to want whatever we've got.....we also can't get him his own food when we eat out, he has a little bit of each of ours! :wacko:

My LO has been sick and off his food this past week. Was so pleased this morning when he dragged me into the kitchen (after his breakfast and eating some of my breakfast), pointing and making foody noises. Am glad his appetite has returned :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->