Toddler issues the closer I get to due date

Lauren999

Reaction score
For the last week my almost 3 year old has been a little monster. She has never been a great sleeper, but I'm now struggling to get her to nap during the day, fall asleep at night, and she wakes up 3 to 4 times a night. She has gone from being fully potty trained during the day to wetting herself a few times a day. She also doesn't listen to me at all which I know is pretty normal for a toddler, but it seems so much worse at the moment.

Is anybody else having issues with their toddlers? Any advice on how I should deal with her? My patience is at an all time low :(

My 2 year old is pretty much the same I've been potty training her in the hope that by the time DS is here she will be clean in the day time but it is a struggle as we have the odd accident and I do get a little frustrated, I think at our stage in pregnancy shen we are tired and getting up and down becomes such an effort it can lower our patience span, are you from the UK? Maybe worth putting your little one in play group if your entitled to 15 he's free give you a break for a few hours xx

It's all part of the transition stage as they approach the understanding that there is a baby coming

They will of noticed that mummy is less active and more tired and they begin acting out to try and regain the attention they had - try and stay patient and if you need to put extra pants in your bag then do it - try not to make them feel bad for it and just explain that they need to remember to use the toilet. Once baby arrives they will settle down but a lot is changing for them and they don't really do it on purpose

Having same problems but my lo is just 16 months so communication is hard and not sure if he understands anything .. Really dreading to have a newborn and him not sleeping properly at night , his dad is awesome and I feel so sorry he hasn't been sleeping well for 10 days already as he is doing night shifts .. 😨
Hoping it gets better as only have 2 weeks to go aggg

Yeah... she has no off swith and I'm a whale that can't catch her xxx

My youngest hs just turned 4 he's potty trained and he is such a brilliant sleeper always has been couldn't wake him with a bomb he usually loves to take a nap with me in the afternoon after nursery but lately he has just been so bad ! He's not going to bed untill maybe 11pm and wakening in middle of night and not going back to sleep again and he's not doing a thing he's told either he's just giving me a hard time atm and he won't go for a nap either my other wee boy he's 6 and he's just as bad lately xxx

My son was the same with any changes especially around that age and potty training.. We moved and it was like starting over, it was really rough. Change is so scary, even for us..and for the little ones this is such a huge change and no matter how we prepare them they don't really know what to expect.

My 4 year old has started clinging to me at night now and for the first time has started crying when dad has to go to work...Also has started waking up in the middle of the night to climb into bed and terrorize us in his sleep! More time outs than usual... as excited as he is to be a big brother, change is rough.

Try to stay calm with her and allow the mistakes.. As far as the not listening, try your best to be patient and make sure she knows that you understand why she may be upset but that it's not okay to act that way or to not listen.. As hard as it is, adding more stress or upset may make things harder on both of you..try to remind yourself each time what she's going through with all of this too so maybe you can feel less upset : ) best of luck..it can be so frustrating.

I used to work at a daycare and changes always seem to effect behaviours negatively. We used a star system for good potty behaviour. A star sticker went up for every good potty attempt and every (you decide here) 3,5,10 potty perfections = a special prize. It just gives more focus back to them and hopefully helps their little minds back to what's important. Xx

Go on Pinterest and make a reward chart for him, he'll be back to his normal self within 3-4 days so long as you religiously stick to it. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->