toddler shoes

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
Does anyone buy other shoes for their LO that they aren't fitted for? I got my LO's first walking shoes from Clarks and they were like £34 but I wanted to get him some sandals and some plimsolls too. I don't want to go spending another two lots of £34 or whatever on shoes that he won't wear that often so I was just gonna get some cheap ones from Next and Pumpkin patch that i've seen. Do you think this is ok? He won't be wearing them that much; I'll mostly put him in his fitted ones because I know it's better for their feet.

I always buy the cheap shoes from walmart. On each shoe box, there's instructions on how to get the proper fit.
I've never heard of getting their shoes fitted?

i buy my LOs main shoes from Clarks, but the others that she wears once in a while from mothercare or wherever. the woman at clarks said it wasnt a problem if they only wear them now and again as long as they still 'fit' hth

Katie has a pair of fitted Clarks boots, worn twice :grr: cost a fortune, so i got her some trainers, wellies and sandles.

Made sure they fitted and jobs a good 'un.

V xxx

Dec has only ever had 3 pairs of Clarks shoes. They are so expensive and to be honest they dont cater very well for little boys :( I get dec shoes and trainers from Next, JD, Lifestyle and even online :) As long as they fit well and are not rubbing then I dont see a problem x

i just take emily with me and try them
on in the shop, she's never had any clarks shoes
as they're a waste of money imo :haha::thumbup:

Laura's first shoes were Clarke's doodles but now she has 3 more pairs that haven't been fitted - she hates shoes so mostly bare foot anyway!

we're going by the philosophy that as long as my LO has one pair of clarks then she can have other shoes that havent been professionally fitted for occasional use

I tried to get Ruby some shoes from places like next, but I didn't think that any of them seemed well made or comfy. JMO.

Adam has a couple of pairs of sandals (one from M&S, the other I don't know as they came from his cousin) and they weren't specifically fitted for him. However they are both open-toed so I *know* they aren't too small, and they both have adjustable velcro straps. I have no idea how comfortable they are, got to assume that on the hot days he has them on they're a lot more pleasant to wear than his heavier fitted Clarks ones. He's never complained anyway.

ive bought so many shoes from clarks but zane has a pair of boots and pumps that arent from there as they were what i wanted and cheaper.

long as they are the size my son takes and we try them on first hes fine

Anna got her first shoes from Clarks 2 months ago and they still fit. She wears them everytime she is walking outdoors which is a few times a week.

I plan on getting her 1 pair of soft shoes for holiday:flower:

I've been wondering about this, Daisy has a pair of clarks but they only go with her summer dresses. She needs something like Converse for when the weather is like today :wacko:

We went to the second hand store and bought a pair of shoes for Gabriel. They were the only ones there that were even close to his size. They're a little on the big side, but I'm sure he'll grow into them. We almost never put shoes on him, but the couple times we have, he's walking in them fine despite the fact they're about 1 size too big. He's never been measured or fitted for shoes.

I rarely buy "fitted" shoes now, perhaps once every 6 months i'll buy her a fitted pair just to keep track on her sizing, but inbetween she'll have perhaps 4 or 5 pairs from regular shops

I get Madis feet measured in Clarkes then go to Next and buy her shoes.

:)

Clarkes doodles canvas shoes cost £15...my lo has a pair of pink ones. They also go in the washer...the price you pay in next..i would rather pay for shoes that have been fitted.
She has doodles pink sandals too to trash when she plays in garden..again are wipe clean. she also has a pair of white clarkes sandals which are for her dresses.
She is a 4 and a half and i couldn't knowingly buy her shoes which were the wrong size.

I got Charlie his first proper fitted ones from Pediped at John Lewis but I thought they seemed really heavy! I really don't like Clarks boys range - too big and clumpy and not very exciting!
Charlie has a good few pairs of Converse in his size now and a couple of pairs waiting for his next size up that I've gotten in sales :)
I also got him a couple of pairs of Robeez sandals for nursery and soft play etc - I don't think all their shoes have to be fitted IMO, and I've never found any in Next or anywhere since he was tiny :(

Does anyone buy other shoes for their LO that they aren't fitted for? I got my LO's first walking shoes from Clarks and they were like £34 but I wanted to get him some sandals and some plimsolls too. I don't want to go spending another two lots of £34 or whatever on shoes that he won't wear that often so I was just gonna get some cheap ones from Next and Pumpkin patch that i've seen. Do you think this is ok? He won't be wearing them that much; I'll mostly put him in his fitted ones because I know it's better for their feet.

It depends, what size was he measured as?

If he was an 'f' width then that's the standard width so shoes in all shops will be this width.

However, if a 'g' then I wouldn't personally as most shoes will be too narrow. You might still find some wider ones if that's the style e.g. trainers. If an 'h' then definately not as they'd be too narrow for him.
I love Clarks shoes and always get Ethan the right fit - he's a G. As he gets older then I think as long as his main shoes are perfectly fit then I'd experiment with other shoes. The week he is measured for new shoes Id take them with me to other shops and compare the size directly sole to sole and match the width fit that way.

I totally disagree with the abover poster though. I find Converse shoes very heavy and much heavier than the trainers he has at the moment from Clarks. Ethan's trainers are gorgeous and not "big clumpy or boring!" Granted, lots of the boys shoes can be a little old fashioned in there but not all. Ethan's are in the Nike style and have lights in the heels which he thinks are hillarious! I like the look of Converse and wear them myself but for me it's a case of what is best for his little feet and not what I prefer the look of. He's not a doll!

Have to make clear also that I buy Clarks as the Mothercare World branch of Clarks is the closest to us. I'd buy any measured shoe that measures width as well as length such as Startright etc.

Mmm, I don't find Converse very very heavy at all, but hey we're all different and I personally don't like Clarks shoes and have never found anything suitable for me in there. Great if you do...:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->