Toddler Sleepless nights support thread

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
does anybody else have toddlers who just wont sleep?

ffion used to go down fine but now she screams and screams in her cot for about half an hour before she finally goes to sleep.. and now shes awake several times in the night too. id say she wakes at 8.30,11,2,4 and today she was wide awake at 5.15 so we've been downstairs since.

rhys isnt any better, he doesnt go to bed until about 10 because hes just so hyper after hes had his supper. if he doesnt nap in the day he goes to bed at a decent time but some days if he doesnt nap he just screams and screams because hes over tired.

im so tired! :cry:

Awww I'm sorry :hug:
Hayden finally "sleeps through" but didn't until 15mo, I put sleeps through in quotes because every single night now, for probably the past couple weeks, he ends up in our bed in the middle of the night. I really don't mind, I actually sleep better once he comes in, atleast now he doesn't wake up needing things...most nights atleast. A couple nights ago he came in here and decided he was no longer tired and laid there tossing and turning, kicking us, talking to himself then decided he had to have a drink and was yelling about that until I got it and he finally went back to sleep about 2hrs later. Going down can be tough though, now that past week I've been putting him down before his brothers and that seems to help. But some nights can be rough...we actually have to tape his door shut so he won't keep coming out...he just tries to get out, if he can't he plays or goes to sleep. But man nights were rough before I put him down first, they keep each other awake playing for hours on end, I thought I was going to loose my mind.

I really hope they start sleeping better for you soon!!!! Do they sleep together, at the same time? How old is Rhys again? Maybe he's outgrown naps, maybe moving bedtime up and cutting out naps might help him?

my son is still in my bed and the last two weeks has been waking about 3 times a night, in the middle of the night he likes to kick me and roll around the bed. soooooo annoying

Kaya's a flipping nightmare to go down atm. It usually takes us about an hour or so to get her to sleep. Her new thing when her dad puts her down (which is going to be a lot more often soon) is to shout 'mummy' over and over and over. I flatly refuse to have her up any later than 7:30pm though as we go to bed around 10pm and I want some child free time. She almost always ends up in our bed as well, but once she's in she sleeps really well. I'm hoping that she'll start sleeping in her own bed a bit more once the baby comes as we'll be co-sleeping with the baby as well.

well zanes now 10 months old n ive only been able to sleep thru the night 3 times since he was born. its driving me crazy, ive tried everthing.

he goes bed around 7.30 pm and sleeps for afew hours then thru the night he will start screaming but doesnt wake up, so i try bottles, dummy and 9 times out of 10 he comes in my bed but its dangerous as he crawls off the edge.

and then hes up every morning between 5am-6.30am no matter what time he goes to bed.

no sleep is really driving me mad i thought hed be over it by now

We go through stages. Last night she woke up at 12am, and then slept untill 6am, but sometimes she will sleep 6pm untill 6pm.

I have weird insomnia right now. I can't get to sleep untill about 3am, so by the time I've gone to sleep, I only have 3 hours no matter what she does during the night :dohh:

my son is still in my bed and the last two weeks has been waking about 3 times a night, in the middle of the night he likes to kick me and roll around the bed. soooooo annoying

Are you still having trouble getting him out of your bed? We keep falling back into the habit, but this time I've said it's the last time!

Ethan is 2 yrs 4 months and wakes screaming very loudly 2~3times a night when i ask whats wrong he says he dunno :( with a newborn its very tryin i feel as one falls asleep the other wakes his mornings start at 5:30 no matter what time he as gone to bed or how many times he as woken up

Marlie's now woken up 3 times so far tonight and it's not even midnight! I was just about to go to sleep when she woke up this last time. I've put off going to sleep for now and now I'm on here trying to figure out what to do!
I think it's our fault because she was teething and in pain so we kept going into her wen she woke. Then we went on holiday and she slept like an angel! Now we're back and she's back to the waking up thing. I can't figure it out. She used to sleep 11 hours straight but we haven't gotten that for the last few weeks now (except when we were on hols).

we had a slightly better night lastnight i put her to bed at 7.30 and she slept through till 4am but was then wide awake so we've been up since

my oh delt with zane last night so i almost got a whole nights sleep :happydance: and i even got a lie in today as zanes gone to my mums lol

my oh delt with zane last night so i almost got a whole nights sleep :happydance: and i even got a lie in today as zanes gone to my mums lol

Hooray for some sleep for you and Tezzy. Marlie finally fell asleep at 2! I just had to let her cry and after 10 minutes, she was out. I think I'll have to do it again if she wakes tonight. Hopefully one night is all it took to help her learn to fall asleep on her own again because I'm feeling a bit :loopy: today!

we let ffion cry for a bit too.. hopefully itll work for you.

ffion and rhys havent had naps today so theyre really overtired.. wish me luck getting them to sleep tonight!

Piece of rope, hook outside your window and the ability to tie a good knot then hang from the legs for 5 minutes! Worked for me :rofl: Joking >>>>

Piece of rope, hook outside your window and the ability to tie a good knot then hang from the legs for 5 minutes! Worked for me :rofl: Joking >>>>

thanks for the advice :thumbup:... *now wheres my rope....*

:rofl: :headspin:

well my oh is away for a week on sunday so i wont be gettin any sleep :(

ffions been up twice since she went to bed at 7 *sigh*

Marlie was up from 1-3:30 last night! The night before she slept all the way through frokm 8-7 and we were visiting friends, so she was in a strange room. Maybe she doesn't like her room/cot?
My Children's Centre is having a sleep clinic on Wednesday that I'm going to go to to get ideas. I'll pass on any helpful ones I hear.
**Should I offer the rope trick there?**

ffion is no better.. she just screams when i give her a beaker.. lastnight she must have woke about 6 times, gave her a bottle in the end and she slept till 7am

We've had problems the last few weeks with him and I think its because he's got a bit of seeration anxiety, and I read that sleepless nights can kick in with that.

He's waking like 2 or 3 times in the night (apart from last night he was in the travel cot in our room and he slept through as we had guests staying in his room. He slept through last night.

Its tiring, Im knackered

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back