Toddler suddenly stopping going through the night?

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
Our 2 year old has always been brilliant in the night, sleeping right through from 7pm till 8am the following morning. However, over the past few months he's been waking all hours of the night, screaming for his dummy/blanket/toy cars. It now happens about 3-4 times a night and it's exhausting.

He wakes me more than our newborn does and I have no idea why he's got worse when he was so good before. Could this just be a phase? I'm sure our daughter never did it though:shrug:

Dec has just went through something like this. Dec has always been a great sleeper from 4 months he has been going to bed at 7.30pm and sleeping straight through, but 3-4 weeks ago he went through a little phase of waking during the night, he would scream and shout for me and ask for toys to be in bed with him (lots of toys one night he had 10 teddies, 8 cars and a handful of building blocks !!! ) he ended up in beside me and hubby 2 nights because he was so bad and wouldnt settle (something I dont normally do ) but 2 weeks later he was back to normal, just went to bed one night and slept through, it has been a week now and he hasnt woke during the night at all, apart from going to the toilet. I assumed it was a little phase, but Dec did go through this once before when he was getting his first molars so I think his 2 year molars may be on their way (at last they have been trying for months ). Hope he settles for you soon xx

yeah brody's 2 year molars have been trying for ages too.
he has just developed a really runny nose and is waking up a bit during the night for the last 3 nights. dont know if it is thise teeth again or if he has a cold ?
but he has had odd phases like this before, but only when he has been ill or teething too, he always goes back to normal after a few nights / week or so. for now he is getting extra cuddles , and if he wakes around 4 ish i let him cuddle on sofa if he wont settle.
stick with your usual way of dealing with night wakings and it will likely pass ( its not the sudden shift into cold cold weather is it ? - just a thought)

I was going to suggest the 2 year molars to. Hannah woke up crying with her first molars so I imagine the second ones will cause some problems for her as well

Phase maybe? Connor used to sleep through the night until recently. Now he wakes up at 2am for a hour or two. I'm hoping he outgrows this soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->