• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

toddlers 2nd birthday stress!

poasa

Reaction score
Evening ladies

I'm a bit stressed! My lil man in 2 on December 1st and I was gonna book a soft play area for his party for the Saturday 3rd as some family live a few hours away. Anyway I'm due on the 17th but it looks like I'll be induced from 38 weeks which is from the 3rd! I'm going to try and go for the 5th..... anyway my question is this, would u bother having the party or would u just have a tea party at home for his cousins and a couple of friends.... ? I really. Don't know what to do, on one hand I dont want a house of screaming excited kids on the other I don't want to pay over a hundred quid for a play area etc then go into labour early... what games would I do for 2 year olds, have tried pass the parcel and he just doesn't get it!

I'd go for the soft play centre as far less hassle, if needs be change the date to a week earlier as your son will never know and then you can have a relaxed day on his bday. My Ds turned 2 a month ago, we did the soft play route - far simpler...

Soft play would be easier. We Jacks 2nd Birthday 3 weeks ago and by the time we bought food ad drinks for 15 adults and 10 kids it we must have spent in the region of £130. Plus the house got trashed lol. Not badly but u can't epect to have 10 2 year olds in the house without a bit of mess.

Have u thought about have the party a week early just in case (emily arrive 3 weeks early only 9 days after Jack birthday.)

You know I hadn't even thought of that, donut, Sounds like a plan! Thanks ladies! Xxx

I would go with what's easiest and less stressful for you. My DDs birthday was last month and we just had 3 of her friends over for a couple of hours with their mums. I was debating a bigger event but think there's plenty of time for that in years to come.

As for party games, they all enjoyed pass the parcel but it was probably the third or fourth time they's played it so had a good idea what was expected! We had balloons, bubbles and lots of toys so they didn't get bored.

i have always had birthday parties at home but from now on, after lots of stressing everytime... i am now going to pay out for a sfot play area.
we usually rent a bouncy castle and cook up a buffet, but for their 2012 birthday parties they will ahve a 6 month-ish old sibling that i will also have to look after so i am definately looking into soft play for then.

the bonuses of this are...
no cleaning of the house afterwards,
no food to prepare,
no kids to look after because that is what the staff are there to do,
you know they're safe and they will enjoy it alot more than at home,
you get to come home to a house 'looking the way that you left it'.

i feel guilty saying this but... everytime we have a party i let the kids run riot to make them happy etc, no one ever gets hurt but something always gets broken.
usually a few tumblers and a few toys, its not fair on the kids and not fair on the other guests.

hope you find somewhere that has reasonable prices as well as an inviting and clean atmosphere. xxxxx all the best hun xxxxx

Yes I had a soft play for his first as a lot less hassle, im going to try are book it today for the weekend before his birthday less.stress!

Thanks for your replies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"