Toddlers and baby....

Deb_baby

Megan Mummy & NTNP
Reaction score
Me and OH and Megan live in a house we are privately renting but were also sharing this house with OH brother, his wife and there 13month old little boy!

we all get on great so thats good, but im having problems....

There little boy is really spoiled and throws temper tantrums everytime he doesnt get what he wants, he bites and hits and has just taken to spitting!!

Megan has a seat thing with animals on it that i got from the early learning centre and she will normally lie on it for about 20 minutes so i can grab some food, nip to toilet or go chuck on some washing while OH is working, but this morning she was on it and i went to go and check on her and SIL and her little boy were next to her and her little went and spat on Megans head, i was waiting for SIL to say something but she just started laughing and cleaned it off so i took Megan and came upstairs now ive been up here all day since it happened cos its disgusting.

Like a few days ago he watched what you do with megan but he started pulling at her fingers and toes and she ended up crying and he gets to giddy when hes around....and i feel like such a bad mum cos hes actually managed to hit her on her head and scratch it a few times while trying to take her dummy out of her mouth when she was on her seat, i took him away and told him no but he burst out crying and started hitting me so i told him no again, but him mum says i have no right to tell her boy off...so why isnt she then?!

but when OH has megan he lets the little boy go near her and i feel bad cos i know there cousins but hes just quite brutal, and hes soo spoiled. He doesnt take a dummy but if megan has one in her mouth hell try and take it out, if shes having a bottle hell grab at your arm to get it until his mum or dad gives him a bottle.

I just dont really know what to do cos last few days when im around him ive kept megan up in my arms so he cant get to her but OH shouted at me saying i have to let the little one get used to her.

anybody else had anykind of problems like these with toddlers and new babys?

if he isnt usually like this then it sounds to me like jelousy but if he has always been like i then hes going to be super jelous as he isnt the only one getting attention....me personally wud have a word wil sil and say to her u dont mean it in any way funy but cud she please tell her son to take more care with megan and tell him when hes in the wrong with her so he knows....jus say she wudnt like it if it was other way round and megan was hurting her lil boy and u did nothing xx

:hugs: I know it cant be helped most of the time if toddlers are overly interested in new babies...however I think if hes spitting on her head then you should def say something to his mother. Esp if it happens again and you know it isnt gonna be a one off.

I am sure if it were the other way round then she would say something to you so I dont see why you shouldnt mention something to her about him being so boistrous (sp)

:hugs: hope u get something sorted

Wow that sounds like a bit much for a 13mo old really, I know none of my boys would have thought to spit on someone or anything like that at that age. But it will only get worse if she doesn't correct it. I think you do have a right to say something to him, if hes hurting your child and his parents aren't saying anything you have to protect her so if that means telling him no an dmoving him away that's what you have to do you know? I've done it with kids that I don't even know because they were hurting my child lol. But I think he's probably jealous since he is so young, he's usually the baby, he doesn't understand that he's supposed to be the bigger boy now and that she's just a baby, he doesn't realize how rough he's being, so I wouldn't think that he's really trying to be mean...he probably just really doesn't understand but that's why you have to teach toddlers, she doesn't need to sit there and laugh when he spits on her, that's just gross. I hope it gets better over there soon!

Uh I wouldn't laugh at my boy spitting - at 13 months you can't do much but it is the stage to start teaching them 'no'!

Is there room for a playpen? My Caitlins playpen is now Megans safety :lol: she goes in there in her bouncer & moses basket.

x

I thought about a playpen but when measured up it takes up alot of space. Anywhere use know that do not too big ones I've looked at Argos, kiddicare and babiesrus x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->