Toddlers and naps ??

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
For the past 3-4 weeks now Dec has not been taking a day nap at all:hissy::hissy: he has been going straight from 7/8am until 8pm, a full 12-13 hour day without a nap. Anyone else have a toddler who refuses to nap. I dont mind him being up all day but at this age he must need a nap??

lilly used to get a moning and afternoon nap as well as a lunchtime one, she slowly cut back on her afternoon nap then her morning nap and now only has between 1 and 2 hrs at lunchtime and thats it.

Sam only has a nap in the day if we go out in the car x
He gets up between 7-8 and goes to bed at 7 so i dont mind as he sleeps through :happydance:

Just let him stay up, lazy cow!!!! LOL

Does he get grumpy at any point throughout the day?

Kaya was doing this for a while but I kept trying and now she has a lunchtime nap from 11am (she gets up at 6am). I need her to have a nap for the sake of my sanity lol.

Benn dropped his day sleeps when he was about 1 unless i went out in the car. I hope Ellie has naps til shes older than that.

Freya has tended to drop her nap in summer, then needs it again in winter! I have no idea why... When she was 2 I don't think she had a single nap thru the summer, and the same thing the summer just gone. Now the weather is getting cooler, and the days shorter, she seems to need it again. Weird.
If he's not getting cranky or anything then I'd say it's fine. Just go with it (although it's nice getting that bit of time off during the day, isn't it?)

Bethanie was getting a bit moody and sleeping too late in the morning (until about 9am sometimes) so I decided to change her nap from after lunch (around 2-2:30) to before lunch (12pm). Now she wakes up and has her lunch at about 1:30.

Have there been any changes to his routine at all? do you keep nap times calm? or is he playing then you're taking him up for a nap suddenly.

Off Topic sorry - Tilly I just noticed your expecting again, congrats! :hugs:

All of my boys dropped from 2 daytime naps to 1 around 18mo and but didn't drop naps fully until 3-4yrs old. They def still needed them up until then. Even now Casen who just turned 4 naps occasionally. I would really think he would need some nap, even if just a short one during the day...or atleast some quiet time or something like that so he doesn't get over tired

Does he get grumpy at any point throughout the day?

No thats why it is so strange, he just goes on and on and on and on !!!! Lol when I put him to bed at 8pm he will lie and talk to teddy for about 10-15 mins before going to sleep.

Maybe just try sticking to a schedule, like everyday after lunch he lays down for some quiet time, if he doesn't sleep that's ok but i bet after awhile he will start napping during that time

Bethanie was getting a bit moody and sleeping too late in the morning (until about 9am sometimes) so I decided to change her nap from after lunch (around 2-2:30) to before lunch (12pm). Now she wakes up and has her lunch at about 1:30.

Have there been any changes to his routine at all? do you keep nap times calm? or is he playing then you're taking him up for a nap suddenly.

No there has been no changes to his routine, he usually lets me know when he is tired by getting his teddy and standing at the door, so I dont have to take him away from what he is doing for a nap, the only thing that has changed is the fct that I have found out he is slightly hyper, dont know if thats the problem or not. xx

Maybe just try sticking to a schedule, like everyday after lunch he lays down for some quiet time, if he doesn't sleep that's ok but i bet after awhile he will start napping during that time

Tbh I really dont want to force him to sleep, I was just wondering if any other toddlers where doing this, I dont mind that he doesnt nap, I just thought he needed it. But thanks for the advice hun xx

Yeah I understand, I was just saying cause really they do need daytime sleep, i don't know his exact age I'm just guessing from your pic in your siggy that he looks kinda young still? But hopefully this will help so you know how much sleep he needs aday :)

https://www.babycenter.com/0_how-much-sleep-does-your-child-need_7645.bc

Yeah I understand, I was just saying cause really they do need daytime sleep, i don't know his exact age I'm just guessing from your pic in your siggy that he looks kinda young still? But hopefully this will help so you know how much sleep he needs aday :)

https://www.babycenter.com/0_how-much-sleep-does-your-child-need_7645.bc

Sorry hun I though I still had a ticker with his age :blush: he is nearly 18 months xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->