• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Together we're strong & ready to try again

Hi girls,

LittleMissy - my pregnancy strips arrived in the post today and I think I may see tomorrow if I get a negative. Sorry that you're not there yet, but they say to wait three weeks, so it'll prob read differently in a few days. In the meantime, enjoy your holiday!!! My basal thermometer and ovulation strips haven't arrived yet, so I reckon it'll be too late to find out whether or not I ovulated this month. I will start using the thermometer when it arrives though just to start tracking my cycle.

Kel - ohh. Everything crossed for you! XXX

Kim (klsl...) - welcome and sorry for you losses. You're the same age as me with two kids and two MCs like me, though for me, my first MC (chemical pregnancy) happened when we were trying to conceive number two. It might be worth tracking your cycle to see if that is affecting your chances of a successful pregnancy at the moment. I found out after my first MC that I had a short luteal phase (ovulating late), which meant that the fertilised egg didn't have enough time to implant properly. Chart your cycle and see, because this kind of problem is fixable. I'm also going to chart now to check whether my cycles have been affected by my recent MC. Good luck! Oh, and 37 isn't so old. Did you hear about Halle Berry this week???? It could still happen for us.

Bumblebee - please try not to put yourself under time pressure, sweetie. I'm sure that relaxation and positivity are crucial to a BFP! I'm sending baby dust for you to get that Christmas blue line though. Wouldn't that be grand!

Sofaqueen - you may be ovulating, as those sound like ovulation cramps, although the MC might have thrown everything out a bit making your experience different from usual. I agree that you need some OPKs! Good luck.

Minky XXX

Minky you're funny :) I have never tracked my cycle before, I actually have a really short cycle, 21 - 25 days, average is probably 23 days, so it may be possible that I have a short luteal phase.

I'm also wondering if there is something with my OH's sperm, I would never dare say this to him, but him and I have been together 2 yrs and he has always wanted to be a dad, and he's great with our 1 yr old :) but before he met me he had 5 or 6 miscarriages since over about 15 yrs, with more than one woman... I'm just so thankful that we didn't have these problems with my 1 yr old because my OH would have been devastated... don't get me wrong he's been upset these times, but he always says at least we have Cameron...

littlemissy, sorry you're still testing positive... I want to get some hpt's but I'm terrified it will still be positive... I really want to know but am so afraid it will be positive...

well hope everyone has a great evening :)

Kim

Amanda - what was your average cycle length before MC, any sign of AF yet. Not a dickey bird for me.

Thanks for your encouraging words. I am in a bit of a predicament its one I can’t really predict either. Always the way when ttc LOL. Well I am due to go on holiday for a week end of November with my family mum, dad & sis. My fella will be staying at home :nope: According to my app O prediction calendar I should be O around the time am away & am not sure if to go or not. I know it’s away off yet & given I haven’t even had y 1st AF since my MC I shouldn’t really even be thinking about it so heck I don’t know why I am. Think i just don’t want to let the family down, I have pre warned them that am not sure if ill feel up to it & they where really understanding. I think only time will tell me what the right thing to do will be.

Hi ladies,

Despite my doubts and nerves I got my BFP! Still in shock. Found out on Tuesday and haven't officially told oh yet. As strange as that is, I'm trying to protect him. He was so hurt and upset for me when I had the mc I don't want to put him through this again. I'm afraid that when I tell him I will see fear in his eyes and not happiness. He knows I've missed my af and suspects I am but is kinda of ignoring the notion for the moment. I suppose this is another part of having a mc, the after effect. He 100% wants to add to our little family.

If I didn't have the mc, I would have sat with him test in hand hoping for a positive.

Would love some feedback on this. I know ur all going through your own journeys too and I truly hope you get your desired outcomes and we can all rub our bellies with delight after Xmas dinner.

Kelx

Kel, congratulations! I don't have any advice for you.... Only that I plan to do the same thing as you.

Kel congrats on your bfp.

i did the same thing after my last mc i was so afraid to tell him. i went to the doc and had 3 sets of bloodwork done to see that my hcg was going up. i ended up telling him one noght and i cant explain it but it just felt like the right time. he was totally excited, nervous rifht along with me.

good luck and you will know when the right time is :)

Congrats again and hopefully you just started a lucky thread!!!!

Kim

Oh Kel, you've made my day! :hugs: I'm so pleased for you and I just hope that you find a way to relax and share this with your OH. Please tell him and don't be frightened of how he'll be, cos he will be happy before anything. I know this must feel a little scary (I know I'd feel the same after recent events), but this brings new hope to you both. I have everything crossed for you. Don't be a stranger to everyone on this forum and try to enjoy this. There is no reason why you can't have a successful pregnancy this time. In fact, statistics say that you are more likely to have a healthy pregnancy after an MC. So this is for you :happydance::happydance: :happydance:

Bumblebee - don't be cancelling your holiday right away. Your ovulation tool may be a little off after an MC anyway. Please just try to enjoy life and wait, cos it will come. You don't need to do anything hasty, cos you won't have a clear idea of when things will happen till after your AF. XXX

Kim - You've had one recent healthy pregnancy with your fella and so you have pretty good odds of another one despite his history. Could you get him taking Conception vitamins to boost his sperm? I'm gonna get my fella on them after his knee op.

My ovulation strips and basal thermometer came today. It recommends insertion in the anus for a clear reading. Jeez! As if I didn't know that there is no dignity in making babies anyway! :wacko: I can't remember how I measured temps last time, but I think I'd have remembered that! I got my last one from Boots, but they don't seem to do it anymore. Any UK members will understand that Boots and anal readings don't seem to go together. Anyhow, I will start temping one way or another. I chickened out of the pregnancy test today and might do it on Sunday now. That is close to three weeks from my MC anyway. I know you can get fertility monitors from Clearblue which are supposed to be very accurate. Has anyone ever used those?

Minky XXX

Whoopy kel massive congratulations, this has got to be such a positive way to start such a thread ekk am so happy for you. Tell ur oh he needs to no as ur going to be just as nervous an unsure as he us u need each other. Keep positive things will be just great this time round as they will be for the rest if us.

I got my 1st AF after MC tonight before bed wel spotting any how I can tell age on her way. Gosh am so excited to start a brand new fresh cycle

Thank you all so much. Good to have a group of ppl who know exactly how u feel. Friends would have no idea.

Whoop whoop for the af bumblebee. As tempting as it may be, don't cancel your holiday. You might need the break away for the mind and body to get back to normal. Congrats on guiding your body back to normal cycle and getting baby ready.

Kim, I would just work off your partners history with you. Which was positive in more ways then 1. That said its important for them to be somewhat healthy. Maybe try vitamins with iron for good strong sperm, and avoid the common misconception of 'storing' it up to get more sperm.

Minky, I certainly don't envy you, but your description of 'probing' and taking your temp made me chuckle. These little minions will never know the tricks we got up to to conceive them. Brings a whole new meaning to maternal instinct.

I have a busy couple of weeks in work so looking forwarding to keeping my mind busy. Oh is away a bit in nov and I will make doc app then if I don't get a chance beforehand.

TG for weekends!

Kel x

Congratulations on your bfp Kel! And on your AF Bumblebee. It feels funny congratulating both on the same post!

I'm currently nursing a headache - and this one is nothing to do with hormones for one. Purely down to wine intake!

I know what you mean about wine intake, LittleMissy. I've had a glass or three to help me through the last couple of weeks, but trying to get back to normal now. XXX

Ooh, and congrats on your AF, Bumblebee! Now you can really look to the future. XXX

I'd love to join! D&C Sept 20th after a MMC. I was in week 12 of pregnancy, pregnancy didn't develop past the 8 week mark. Have been very fortunate in recovery, almost no bleeding or spotting past two days, negative HPT a few days after, and positive ovulation test exactly two weeks after procedure! So fingers crossed that maybe I'll get a BFP soon

..and if it doesn't happen immediately, I'll be a bit sad but it will still be reassuring to see AF... at least I'll know my body is jumping back into the cycle and can look forward to starting a new cycle and trying again. Baby dust and positive vibes to everyone here.:)

Hi ladies I would love to join you! We had our first BFP June 28th. August 22nd we went int out appointment and we couldn't hear a heart beat so we had an ultrasound and they said baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. I was suppose to be 14! So August 24th I had my D&C. I was fine at first but I ended up bleeding off and on for two weeks with massive piece of tissue, felt like they missed a lot! Sept 20 I had my AF again. Fiancé and I have been NTNP since so I'm kinda hoping I can surprise him sometime soon. He is out of town for work during the week and I really wanna show him a positive when he comes home! I've had heart burn and backache the last couple of days so I'm hoping those are signs! I may test Wednesday just to see if I get something before AF possibly arrive on the 18th

Tamzing, are you ttc right now? My D&C (at what should have been 17w) was almost 4 weeks ago and I'm getting a surge on my OPKs so we're going for it....

Hi Tam and Mel, best of look with TTC. !! You both sound very positive!

Kel x

Welcome to Tamz & Mel :flower:

I honestly thought I hand jinxed myself in saying AF had arrived. Sorry ladies tmi but yesterday turned out not to be cd1 as I just brown spotted all day no need for tampon but today well today I can defo say is cd1.

Kel how many cycles did u have post mc till u got ur BFP xx

Amanda - what was your average cycle length before MC, any sign of AF yet. Not a dickey bird for me.

Thanks for your encouraging words. I am in a bit of a predicament its one I can’t really predict either. Always the way when ttc LOL. Well I am due to go on holiday for a week end of November with my family mum, dad & sis. My fella will be staying at home :nope: According to my app O prediction calendar I should be O around the time am away & am not sure if to go or not. I know it’s away off yet & given I haven’t even had y 1st AF since my MC I shouldn’t really even be thinking about it so heck I don’t know why I am. Think i just don’t want to let the family down, I have pre warned them that am not sure if ill feel up to it & they where really understanding. I think only time will tell me what the right thing to do will be.

Hi there!!

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit off and on. I had a regular 31 day cycle before MC. I took an hpt (clearblue plus) and it was stark negative :( hoping my AF hurries up and gets here soon so I can start a fresh post MC cycle! I am going to start taking my maca and vitex again starting tonight in hopes to kick start my AF.

It's the only way to be, is positive! I was really down in the dumps and I just couldn't handle the negativity because in general I'm a happy person. So I think the best way to come about it for me and the hubby is just do as we please and if it happens, it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"