Together we're strong & ready to try again

So I was diagnosed with an ectopic this morning, it's in my right tube. I knew it as soon as they did the ultrasound this morning. Thank god the nurse who did the ultrasound this morning was amazing and the doctor is not taking any chances, they sent me straight to McMaster hospital. I started having a dull pain in my side last night and I knew today they would find something. I am so worried but thankful they caught it and if we weren't in fertility treatment, who knows. It looks like I will be given methotrexate intravenously but will know more after the doctor comes back.

So I was diagnosed with an ectopic this morning, it's in my right tube. I knew it as soon as they did the ultrasound this morning. Thank god the nurse who did the ultrasound this morning was amazing and the doctor is not taking any chances, they sent me straight to McMaster hospital. I started having a dull pain in my side last night and I knew today they would find something. I am so worried but thankful they caught it and if we weren't in fertility treatment, who knows. It looks like I will be given methotrexate intravenously but will know more after the doctor comes back.

Omgosh hun! I am relieved they found out as soon as they did!! How are you feeling?!

well it was under 3 cm approx 1.3 cm so they gave me two shots of methotrexate. I am sad and worried and won't feel better until I know I am no longer at risk for surgery and that my levels go down. I was at 98 today so they are low, which is good. Am still not going to feel better until I know it's over. 3 month break for me, but very happy they caught it. Am a little disappointed they didn't go ahead with an ultrasound on Friday but guess they can only do what they think is right. I just can't believe there was nothing there 6 days ago and now this. They told me the period I had was just that, my period. The doctor said the pregnancy hormone was so low it didn't give enough of a trigger to stop my period therefore I just had one as per usual. Anyway rest today and tomorrow. I'm going back to work on tues.

Wow Natalie. So glad they caught it and you're ok!!! Phew! Will you start fertility treatments after the 3 months is up??

Afm: I'm still very sick. Hopefully blood work is in tomorrow and we can figure this out. I was up longer today than I have been all week.. a whole hour. Ugh. I just want to be up and functioning!

That sucks Natalie. I'm so sorry but SO glad they found it.... How are they monitoring you now to make sure the methotrexate works? Daily blood tests?

@Leah, I am not sure yet. The losses and now this have hit me hard. Makes me wonder if it is meant to be for us, or is someone trying to tell me to stop. I don't know, I know I am highly emotional right now and my first priority is healing from this. Maybe in a few months I will feel differently. How are you feeling? Are you sick?

@Minions, I am thankful they caught it too. I knew it on Friday when they called and said my betas had gone up again that something was really wrong. Honestly this whole thing has been so stressful and worrying, I have been vacant at work and at home. I am going to work today as I think it's the best place for me to be. Am hoping bloodwork in 4 days shows that my levels have gone down and that the medication is working. I am so skeptical from this whole experience. I know doctors can only do what they know but I was right about something being wrong the whole time. Anyway, going to try and get my mind off it today.

@Amanda, thanks for checking in on me. I really appreciate it. How are you feeling?

@Leah, I am not sure yet. The losses and now this have hit me hard. Makes me wonder if it is meant to be for us, or is someone trying to tell me to stop. I don't know, I know I am highly emotional right now and my first priority is healing from this. Maybe in a few months I will feel differently. How are you feeling? Are you sick?

@Minions, I am thankful they caught it too. I knew it on Friday when they called and said my betas had gone up again that something was really wrong. Honestly this whole thing has been so stressful and worrying, I have been vacant at work and at home. I am going to work today as I think it's the best place for me to be. Am hoping bloodwork in 4 days shows that my levels have gone down and that the medication is working. I am so skeptical from this whole experience. I know doctors can only do what they know but I was right about something being wrong the whole time. Anyway, going to try and get my mind off it today.

@Amanda, thanks for checking in on me. I really appreciate it. How are you feeling?

Hey Natalie, I hope you are well love. I wasn't on here much yesterday my son is going through a bad phase of what I am thinking is terrible 2's... He bangs his head on the walls until his forehead cuts open and bleeds. I am devastated by this behaviour but overnight I seem to have the control back and have remedied his wounds.

As for how I am feeling, I don't know anymore honestly. I want to symptom spot and start testing but I am forcing myself to not overthink things and just relax. I am not testing at all until AF is due on March 25th.

It's hard but I am just focusing on my little boy and my work. March has been a very tough month for my family, but the end is in sight!

Amanda, my son went through an awful phase when he was about 3. He experienced some behavioural problems that really devastated me. It went on for about 6 months and ultimately stopped. We had moved to a new home and I divorced his father so I chalked it up to a big life change. I understand about not wanting to symptom spot, its such a challenge. I am happy you are focusing on your little man and work, I find its always the last week of the TWW that get to me the most lol.

I am still feeling like absolute crap, I am pretty much just coasting through my days praying this medication is doing its job. They said by Sunday I should notice a change, I hope they are right.

Hi ladies, may I join this thread? I just went through a miscarriage on Sunday at 6.5 weeks after seeing a heartbeat hours before. I am feeling a lot better tonight and the one thing that is really getting me through is knowing that I am going to try again asap! I have to get another US tomorrow to see that everything is gone and then I have a doctor's appt. on Thursday.

I hope we all get healthy little ones soon!

Hi Londonbean, so sorry for your loss. Everyone on here can relate to how you are feeling. Trying again was one of the things that got me through as well. I hope you are taking it easy and taking care of yourself.

Amanda, my son went through an awful phase when he was about 3. He experienced some behavioural problems that really devastated me. It went on for about 6 months and ultimately stopped. We had moved to a new home and I divorced his father so I chalked it up to a big life change. I understand about not wanting to symptom spot, its such a challenge. I am happy you are focusing on your little man and work, I find its always the last week of the TWW that get to me the most lol.

I am still feeling like absolute crap, I am pretty much just coasting through my days praying this medication is doing its job. They said by Sunday I should notice a change, I hope they are right.

I am 9dpo and had loads of cm at work yesterday. All lotiony plus I had lots of cramping going on and was feeling pretty positive. My chart on ff looks stupid... Up down all over the place. I don't know anymore. The tww drives me insane and this time I am just not buying into all the "symptoms" I feel so incredibly down today and wish I could just snap out of it because I have been so positive lately buy I woke up this morning with such a doom and gloom attitude and I don't like it.

On the plus side my son slept like a dream last night and is still sleeping (12 hours so far) I slept so well!

As for you hun I really hope the worst is over with hun, I can't even imagine going through another loss right now but if by some act of God I actually am pregnant again I know I will be so freaked out and scared of it happening again. I also did something dumb this morning. If I was pregnant today I would 8 weeks along on my original due date. I was 8 weeks when I lost in September... Why do I do this to myself?!?!? Uggh...

Sorry for your loss London.

Amanda, I think that's pretty normal to do the math with different dates. My birthday will be the date in this pregnancy when my last one suffered "fetal demise" and I keep thinking "it's my birthday so it has to be okay." Time will tell I suppose.

Sorry for your loss London.

Amanda, I think that's pretty normal to do the math with different dates. My birthday will be the date in this pregnancy when my last one suffered "fetal demise" and I keep thinking "it's my birthday so it has to be okay." Time will tell I suppose.

How far along are you?

Sorry you are feeling sad, Amanda! I know it's so hard, vent as much as you need to. I hate symptom spotting too but its impossible not to. It's normal to have all the feelings that you are having, be gentle on yourself right now.

Good morning everyone I am feeling less melancholy today. 10dpo and woke up and got out of bed and almost fell back in! I was super dizzy!! Lol maybe I just got up to quick haha. My little guy slept good again last night so I am definitely getting the rest I need. Today is a big day at work, I have an executive tour coming through my shop and have an evaluation so I am nervous about that. This whole week so have been preparing for it so I think it will go well, plus it has been a great distraction from ttc and the tww.

Last cycle AF started on 11dpo which in this cycle is tomorrow. Haven't decided if I am going to wait to test on March 25th or if I should try testing this weekend. Thoughts? I am trying to stay strong and hold out as long as I can because usually I test multiple times and waste money and sanity lol... I want to be pregnant more than I want my next breath... Lol

I would try and hold on til 25th if you can as I have tested early in past and just seems to make disappointment worse if af does eventually arrive x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->