Together we're strong & ready to try again

Natalie, I'm 3 dpo right now so we'll see what happens this month...

Oh that's great, I am sending you positive thoughts!!! I have another question, I am a coffee drinker, a habit I actually really enjoy lol. I have a cup in the morning and then a starbucks on my way to work, I am wondering if I should be cutting it out all together or switching to something else. Any thoughts?

Welcome Natalie! So sorry about your loss. I'm a coffee drinker too.. I've definitely cut down since TTC and while I was pregnant, but I could not stop entirely (my husband definitely didn't want me to either..I'm not in a good mood without at least 1 cup in the morning!) So much varying advice out there. I know of a few that have cut it out entirely but you sound like you're drinking a reasonable amount, and if it's something you really enjoy and really helps get you going on your day (like me!) I wouldn't cut it out entirely. But those are just my thoughts :)

@mel28nicole sorry about AF's arrival.. but here's to a new month and new cycle! :) best of luck to you

Natalie, I go cold turkey once we start ttc. I think it's better to get the withdrawal migraines over with before you add an upset stomach to the mix. I start back up once I hit the second tri - I want to try to keep the birth weight down, lol, since my babies are gigantic.

Hi everyone , well finally got a negative HPT - whoop whoop! Only 2 weeks and 2 days after my D&C. I also got a negative OPK after 2 days of positive ones (whilst still very very light HPT). Not entirely sure what that means - only BD the day before my positive OPK and I'm not taking anymore of either this month!

Anyway think that means I'm 2 dpo?

Little missy, if the opk and HPT were getting lines at the same time then I think they were probably just picking up the same hcg since you can use OPKs as hpts.... But you could have o'ed.... I wouldn't put the hpts away just yet.... I ovulated 2 weeks after the neg HPT/opk

Hi everyone , well finally got a negative HPT - whoop whoop! Only 2 weeks and 2 days after my D&C. I also got a negative OPK after 2 days of positive ones (whilst still very very light HPT). Not entirely sure what that means - only BD the day before my positive OPK and I'm not taking anymore of either this month!

Anyway think that means I'm 2 dpo?

Hi LittleMissy,

Good luck for this month.:dust: As we all know, it only takes one BD at the right time and you're in with a chance. Like you, I think I ovulated 2 weeks after my MC. Although I didn't use strips this month or TTC, I know my body fairly well and felt like I had ovulated. I'm now wishing that we'd just tried too, as it'd be lovely to be anticipating a potential BFP now. Ah well, just waiting for the :witch: now, so we can really start looking forward again.

I finally made myself do a HPT today and got a clear BFN 3 weeks and a day after my MC. It felt strange to be hoping for no line, but for once it was what I wanted to see. I had a tiny bit of spotting today, so fingers crossed that AF comes soon.

Good luck to you all,

Minky

Morning ladies. How is everyone today?

Mel - my wedding anniversary is 7th June - we were married in 2008. Today is actually 14 yrs since i met my wonderful hubby - but we can do anything to celebrate as he is away for the night for work.

I am in Uk bumblebee and i have been told by the epu at my local hospital that as i have had two miscarriages now, as soon s i fall pregnant again then to give them a ring and they willl book me in for scans at 7 weeks and 10 weeks.

Smiler,

I'm glad to hear that you'll definitely get early scans when you get pregnant (no ifs on this forum, only whens). Do you think they'd offer them to me too? I have had two MCs, but the first (in Sept 2010) was an early loss - 'chemical pregnancy'. I know I'll be very nervous and would love to know I had the option of checking everything was ok early on. Twelve weeks seems very long after what happened at the last 12 week scan...

Minky

Welcome Natalie,

Sorry for your loss. I have also had 2 C-sections, but wouldn't have thought this increased MC risk. I think it may just be that we were among the unlucky 1 in 5. Good luck with your TTC adventure.

Minky X

Thanks for your input @tamzing @3Minions, there is so much conflicting evidence out there on coffee drinking while TTC. I am cutting to one and a half cups right now, I dont know if anyone at the office would enjoy my company if I went cold turkey! Lol. Funny when I was pregnant with both of my children I couldn't stand the smell of coffee, almost the minute I found out. I am hoping for the same if we are blessed with a new little one soon. Thanks for the welcome at Minky! I can't believe how much more positive after chatting with you ladies, makes you feel less alone in this. I bought an OPK today and should be able to start testing this Friday! Even seeing that smiley face in the window makes me excited!

Haha! I'm the same NatalieK...I don't think anyone would want to be around me without some sort of coffee-infusion in the morning. Not so much that I'd be irritable..but I'm so sleepy and zombie like until I have my first cup.

I know what you mean about the positivity here, it's AWESOME! Even with the positive ovulation test I'm not holding my breath for a BFP this month (just trying to be a realist, :)) but am actually still kind of excited to see AF when she comes -- at least I know everything's back to normal and start fresh next cycle.

I know what you mean @Tamzing, I was so happy to get my cycle back to normal after the miscarriage. I am a realist too, I try not to get overly excited so I don't get overly disappointed. Still, sending positive thoughts and I am sure you will get a BFP soon enough :)

Hi Minky

I am sure if you contact your local epu when you fall pregnant again and tell them you have had two previous miscarriages and you are anxious then i am sure they will offer you an early scan.

I found my loal epu were not very good when i had my first miscarriage four yrs ago. but this time they were amazing and very kind and supportive

How is everyone feeling today? I am feeling much more positive than i did the other day when my 12 week scan appt letter arrived. I have got my opk's ready and waiting. I Am now cd 4 so in a weekd time i can start testing. I am so desparate to get my bfp before chrismas xx

Hi All, may I join?I am 28 and had 2 mcs one in 2008 and one in dec 2012.And no luck since then.I am really struggling with my long ttc.I badly need support from all you lovely ladies.I had IUI last week and today is 6DPO for me.
Hoping for BFP soon.

All the best to all you ladies.And I know we all will get our rainbows soon.We deserve to be mothers :)

Hi Everyone,

Your such a great support to each other!

Welcome ttcmoon, Sorry to hear about both your losses and your struggle to conceive again. I think they say average time is 1 year to conceive so don't be too hard on yourself. It took my friend who is 29, 9 months to conceive. She is now 14 weeks pregnant and I know at the time she thought it was never going to happen but it does.
Are you taking preconception vitamins?

kel x

Hi TTCmoon,

I am so sorry to hear about your struggles with TTC, I can only imagine how incredibly frustrated you must be. I am only one month of TTC and I am anxious and being overly cautious about everything. I hope and pray you get your BFP soon!!

Hi @Kel30,

I just had a question for you re:TTC time. Is a year the average length of time it takes to get pregnant in general or after a miscarriage? I really need to relax, I am ready to start using my OPK so I think that's why im consumed with everything.

Hi @nat,

1 year is average in general but u must remember that it is different for everyone. I got bfp after 1 af, so it's defiantly not the same for everyone. I have friends that took up to 1 year and others that got but within a few months.
Everyone is different Hun. The avg is just a pointer.
Obviously if you BD around ovulation u have a higher chance of bfp. Best of luck. Don't stress it, it will happen.

Kel x

Hi @Kel, I got a BFP on our first try last year that resulted in a miscarriage but I am hanging onto hope we get lucky again but I don't know. I am going to just try and be positive as I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->