Told family today

dogluvr

Reaction score
Well DH and I told our parents and siblings we are pregnant again today. This will be 3 under 3 for us. Both sets of parents and both my siblings had the same response..."you do know what causes this, right?" "What are you rabbits!?" "Oh, congrats, we are happy for you". All 3 responses from ALL of them! After the rude comments they acted happy but it makes me feel bad they would even say those things to begin with. DH says I'm reading too much in to it but I can't help how I feel.

Aww hugs!! :hugs:

Families can be harsh sometimes!! I don't think they realise how much it affects you and can come out with so much rubbish!!

Try not to let it get you down if you can ( I know it's super hard)!! People can be very set in their ways and unsympathetic but when you really need them they will be there for you which is awesome :)

Congrats anyway! Woohoo babydom :) :)

I've had a lot of people asking if it was an accident. Just because we don't post every decision and conversation we have on Facebook. I have learned that people on the outside just don't think things through before they speak.

For the record I have two siblings five and twelve years younger than me. We all agree that we would have loved growing up as a unit instead of so far apart. My little sister had a car seat in my first car and I felt like it took forever to be able to treat her like an equal. I think your decision to have your kids close in ages is great.

I'm going to be in the same boat and dreading telling people because of their reactions. They even asked with my DD was she an accident!

I haven't told many , my cousin who did the rabbit joke , but I cud tell she was joking , and sister in law who's thrilled and our two eldest and one of there best mates no( although she is like a daughter too ) I am planning on holding out like forever before we tell family and friends ( I was 37 weeks before I actually looked pregnant last time ) so I reckon I can get to 20 weeks maybe ( hopefully )
Ya see this is baby number 7 ( 6 planned ) number 7 not, complete accident hell we only dtd once in 8 months ( I been ill he's been ill) and my mum will be furious not too sure his partners will be fine friends keep saying ( occasionally I joke about number 7) u only want 6 and reminding me how I havent gott the room for 7 so as u can imagine the longer it stays quiet the better ��x

Friday was my last day working, and therefore the last day my MIL had to watch my 1 and 2 year olds... When I told her about baby #3 she turns to her husband and with full honesty says "thank god they're not our problem any more" I was so angry. Nor congrats afterwards or anything!

It's so rude when people ask if the baby was planned. It's irrelevant!

:hugs: Don't let it get to you, although I know that's easier to say than do.

I remember a family member's reaction upsetting me with my first - I felt like a stupid teenager who had no idea what sex resulted in. It was a "Oh, God, you're joking" reaction. Needless to say, that person is now the most loving and the most doting on my DS and would probably hate himself if I reminded him of his original reaction.

Your baby is a miracle, and your little family is growing - you're happy. That's all that matters.

I always think people that say bad things are jealous because of their own boring lives ;)

They probably meant no harm, it seems that the are excited for you! I hope they really are

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->