told mum today

loz

Reaction score
ok well im 23 with a 5 year old daughter, in april i had a m/c at 18 weeks, on friday i found out i was preg after trying for 5ths me and oh are really excited. told my mum today over text and the reply i got was -OMG u been warned not 2 get preg so soon! and that was it! if ur wondering what she means by not getting preg soon, i went 2 see a claire voyant couple ov months ago who told me not 2 get preg this year.

im really annoyed at her, what would u do?

I would leave things to settle maybe she is really suppersticous (SP) And also it was her grandchild as well as your child you lost in april ...My guess is she is scared for you and probably in shock let things settle ...may I say your braver then me I have known 2 wks and still not told my mum xxx

shes prob just worried about u and that u may miscarry again some people say things that are not really helpfull our mums included personally i would have texted back saying well thansk for your support and then she may have explained her reaction but maybe just leave it and ul c she will brighten up when she realises u wont miscarry again

i did not tell my mum till i was past 12 weeks with last pregnancy and 2 weeks after she found out i m/c, the only reason i told her so early now because oh told his mum who has told his 9 sisters and im scared they will write on my facebook and my mum will see it lol

I wouldn't take it too hard. Sometimes text don't convey real feelings. Maybe she just means in regards to your miscarriage. sometimes its hard for family to get excited following a miscarriage until they're sure it won't happen again

Well first things first sorry for your previous loss and a huge CONGRATULATIONS on you latest BFP! I am 22 and a mum of 2 daughters aged 4 and almost 3, I had a m/c in march and was told not to try for 6months to be on the safe side I then got pregnant again 3months later in June and am now 18weeks pregnant so the fact you had a m/c in april does not mean you will m/c again this time, as for your mum if I was you id just leave it and not text her again untill she either texes or calls you and then i'd let her know that you was upset with her reaction and need her support rather than to be judged, Good luck Hun and all the best, I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy

thanks for your replys, maybe she is worried but i found out why my baby died and the chances ov it happening again are very slim, im trying to keep pos to enjoy my preg and she has just made me feel neg, i aint even heared frm my dad so im presuming she aint even told him

Firstly, huge congrats on your pregnancy!!! I like you lost a lo at 18+wks (mine was due to Edwards Syndrome so was induced) and i know how bloody hard it is to carry on "as normal". I felt the immediate need to get preg again, and it has been 5 mnths since my little boy was born. I have spoken to numerous medical experts, and all say it is perfectly safe to get preg again 3 mths +, so from that point of view you have no worries.

As for a Clairevoyant..... i wouldnt take one bit of notice! Your body was obviously ready for another baby, so enjoy it. Your mum will come round, she is just worried for you and your feelings. My mums is the same, but she is overly happy about this preg cos she knows its what i so desperatly want.

Good luck with your pregnancy, and your mum will be fine, just explain to her how happy you are after everything thats happened this year, and how much your baby is wanted, and she will understand

Good luck
xxxx

:hug:

Aww hun congrats on your pregnancy, just ignore you mum for a bit until she sorts her head out xxxxx

I agree she is probably a little worried and scared and said (typed) the first thing that came into her head. Give her a bit of time. Congratulations BTW xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->