Told the MIL last night

Ju_bubbs

Proud single Mummy of 5!
Reaction score
After last month, when we made the effort to go round to her house and tell her face to face together... and while me and my OH were sat there with HUUGE smiles saying we're pregnant, and his mother just looked at him with a blank expression and said oh, well i dont know what to say... we thought we'd just tell her in a txt this time.

So other half txt her last night, and told her i'm pregnant again, and added a little :D on the end.... I mean we wasn't expecting her to be overjoyed, but we didn't expect wehat we did get!

her reply... "i hope you dont think im impressed, coz im not, u cant even keep ur own head above water how u gunna cope with 4 kids in a 2 bedhouse. she still smoke"

GRRRRR, this upset me so much! Not only are we both old enough to have thought these things through before deciding to try.. i mean we're not kids! We have every intention of moving to a bigger house ofcourse, and have only struggled with money this month as OH changed jobs and had to work loads in hand so we had to go a lot longer than usual on his last paypacket from his old job... and she knows very well thats the only reason we're skint this month!!! And as for smoking.... what the hell has if got to do with her.. especially if she feels taht way about my pregnancy, why would she care even if I was smoking!!! It's just aswell we did tell her by txt and not face to face, coz if she'd have said that to my face, theres no way i could have just bit my tongue!!!

Sorry girls... feel a bit better now! lol

i think it's a case of she cares about you all so she only wants what's 'best' for your family. She'll come round when you prove her wrong :)

I think its more a case of she doesn't want my OH to grow up coz he's only just moved out of home and REALLY hates it that he's living with a woman who already has 3 kids and can there fore look after him just aswell as she could!!

just ignore her, my MIL is just the same, she didnt like it that my OH has his own life and doesnt want to live in her pocket! she has been like it will his brother as well, his brother has 4 kids the oldest isn't his and she hated it when he got together with his wife. (been together 10 years) and then we said we was pregnant his brother and wife have been thinking of trying for another and she turned around and she 'well you cant give enough attention and love to the ones you already got, let alone another one'..... Like you said its nothing to do with her about your smoking.

now i have had a rant about my MIL i feel better thanks :rofl:
xx

She sounds nice.....not!!!!
Are you 2 happy to be having a baby, are your kids happy to be having a new brother or sister, i amagine the answers to these questions are yes, so what does it really matter what she thinks, the most important people are you and you little family and i bet you over the moon.

Yes, thats the way im lokoing at it.. its nothing to do with her. WE are over the moon and thas all i care about!
I have decided i wont be visiting her when OH goes round to hers over the next few months tho, coz my hormones may take over and tell her exactly what I think of her! lmao

Yes, thats the way im lokoing at it.. its nothing to do with her. WE are over the moon and thas all i care about!
I have decided i wont be visiting her when OH goes round to hers over the next few months tho, coz my hormones may take over and tell her exactly what I think of her! lmao

I would go! i always get shitty with mine! I have even band her from the house b4 cos she said that when we found out bout LO 'i want a girl as i only have one grand daughter but i doubt i will get a girl cos its Jonny (my OH) and he cant do nothing right! cheeky bitch! so i band her and she has only just been allowed back in! plus i have told her she is no allowed near the hospital when i am in labour and that she can wait till we say she can visit..

xx

lmao! I'll be just like that!! I deffo dont want her near hospital, or my house come to that!! I'll take the baby to her when I feel like it! heh heh

Do families really just turn up at the hospital uninvited like that? I can't imagine having my MIL just turn up and wait for the baby to be born!

Urgh she sounds like a right ray of sunshine!!
:hugs:

ah hugs

we havent had any probs with mil but with oh auntie (mi sister) who doesnt approve and i get the impression she thinks i planned this or what ever i cant wait to prove her wrong

hang in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->