told the parents

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
well i still did not want to but i had a letter come from the hospital yesterday about my scan and my mum would not get off my case asking why i had a letter from the hospital so i just opened it and read it to her.

Dear miss lesley, you have been booked for your scan at the mat unit (not from the letter but kind of how i said it)

my mum looks at me and goes "is there something you should tell me?" i said yes im pregnant she goes "OMG im to young to be a granny..... Lets ring your nan, gran and aunite donna"

so she rang them all and then went into the bathroom because my dad was in the bath and said "hello grandad" so it all went very well really just got to tell the oh's parents this weekend..

can not believe i finally told them :happydance::rofl:

thats brilliant hun, sounds like they are pleased and it's good that you will have their support. Good luck for the weekend xx

Awwww glad it went well =) i have nooo idea what your mum looks like but i imagine her hands clasping in excitement like Ohhhh but im too young to be a granny! with a big big grin on her face lol.

what a weight thats been lifted off your shoulders huh? i'm so glad they took it well and are going to support you what a happy story xxx

Congrats, glad it went well for u.... excited parents.....warning they can get OTT at times!
xx

that is kidna funny cause that is kinda how my mom found out but they were going through my mail and opened up a letter sayign congrations you will give birth at such and such hospital and . ya so that was obvious but i got a good well better then expected response. im happy they support u gl with everything and congrats on ur new lo

:lol: that was a nice way of telling her!

I'm glad it went so well,hopefully it will be the same with the other set of new grandparents! :D

yeah my mum just had a big grin on her face i still think it was a good thing she was sitting on my bed though my auntie donna said i have to have a little girl and my nan was like is she is happy tell her congrats but i rang my gran and she was on holiday just got there lol she was like "You What?!?!?!?!" then rang me back 2hours later all happy.....

should be telling oh's parents today for some reason im more nervous about telling them since his mum dont really like me at all even when we told them we was engaged she looked like id just shoved a lemon in her mouth and stabbed her...

so this should be intresting i will update you on the oh's parents once we tell them fingers corssed for me girls please lol

Glad it went well with your parents. :)

Good luck with telling OH's parents.

wow thats so positive i bet it feels good to have everything out in the open

we yesterday we went and told oh's parents (well his mum)

and lets just say she was the most sour faced B**** i have ever met in my whole life this was all i wanted to do as i walked out the door :finger:

but she just sat there looking at us like :gun: .... then she decided to talk about and all she kept saying was :

"theres nothing i can do about it" ..... "theres nothing i can say about it" .......
"i wanted different in life for you jamie" blah

i just felt like saying comon get it off your chest what you really want to say luv......

thing is his mum acting like that his 19..... my mum was totally cool and supportive and im 16???? :dohh:

anyways i thin that was more of a rant than an update but hmm yeah thats what happend GRRR i hate her so much she has a way of making you feel 10 again and like a stupid child

Well atleast YOU know that you are both totally capable to bring a child into the world, to love it, care for it and look after it. She is a typical bitch. She will have to get over herself before LO arrives.
:hug: You've got your mum and tbh, that's all you need babe.
Ever heard the saying 'a son is a son until he finds a wife, a daughter is a daughter all her life'?
I think it is very true.
Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months sweety xxx

thanks for that hun made me feel much better i just could not believe how she acted

Well atleast YOU know that you are both totally capable to bring a child into the world, to love it, care for it and look after it. She is a typical bitch. She will have to get over herself before LO arrives.
:hug: You've got your mum and tbh, that's all you need babe.
Ever heard the saying 'a son is a son until he finds a wife, a daughter is a daughter all her life'?
I think it is very true.
Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months sweety xxx

Princess- Never heard that before but i really like it :)

Glad your parents reacted well, sorry your OH's mum was such a cow. Hopefully she'll come round in time. If not then you have the support of your family :)

You have the support of your parents and your boyfriend.

Give his mom time to adjust,she'll realize sooner or later that you are the mother of her grandchild and there's nothing she can do about it!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->