told to get on all fours and now have Bad backache

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
period type pain back ache lol.

Saw midwife this morning, said to get on all fours for 20 mins a day and then it will help baby desend? Well did that and got bad back period pains! Have i helped him.her to desend do you think? or just bad back cos i anit used to being on all fours lol.
x

I've got back ache because baby is back to back, i was told to go on all fours as it will help baby turn but it just leaves me with even worse back ache! x

haha well she said back was at the front and it will encourage it to stay there and also move down into the pelvis?

x

How's your headache now? Did mw have any ideas?

Did you make sure that you kept your back either straight or arched? letting your back droop will make backache worse - mw should have told you that!

Did you make sure that you kept your back either straight or arched? letting your back droop will make backache worse - mw should have told you that!

I was going to say the same thing- when holding the pose on all fours, make sure you are lengthening through your spine and engaging your core muscles so that you don't allow the back to 'sway' as this will definitely cause some tension/pain.

here's a great video to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtEK8axWvNg&feature=related

this hurts my back and my hands and my knees so I am being naughty and not doing it. Got a birthing ball instead! xxx

You can lean on the birthing ball (upper body on ball - knees on cusion) for same effect and saves wrists / back. If you don't have one yet sports direct do them for £5.99 (with pump!!) BARGAIN!!

Awful position all fours - I spent many an hour like this trying to get little sod to turn and ended up with back ache. Then took paracetamol. Then gagged on paracetamol. Then peed pants when gagging. Not a good day!!

Yep - ball is the way forward - leaning and bouncing - very nice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"