Told today I have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS

bouncychick

Reaction score
Hi Girls

After TTC for over a year, I have been told by doc today I have pco.

Gutted but glad to know , why it hasnt been working for me and to find out thats why aunty flo has not apperead and it will save me a foutune on Ovulation Kits and pregancy tests!

Had more blood taken today he took 4 seperate tubes and gotta go back on 7th Jan to but action plan in.

Just need your support, advice and storys please, to help me understand it a bit more

Thanks in advance, i love this group and tell you all more than my partner family and friends

xxxxxxx

Hiya Bouncychick. I was also diagnosed with PCOS earlier this year. I really thought it was the end of the world but i have seen so many success stories on here that it has really given me hope!

I had long irregular cycles for years and just thought it was because i had come off the BCP but it turns out it was more than that.

What meds have the dr put you on?

My dr put me on metformin which i have to take everyday and have been since May, then in August he started me Clomid. Since then I have had really regular cycles and it's meant that we can time the sex right so were just waiting for our BFP now!

If you have any questions just ask and i will try to help!

Good luck!

hi i didnt wanna read & run as i do have polycysts on only ovary....my doctor says i do not have the syndrome part, i beg to differ as i do have some of the symptoms like excess hair around nipples & below belly button & get bad acne including on my back at certain times of the mth like ovulation. I spose i am lucky that my peroids are very regular 30/31 days tho & always seem to get a positive opk on the same day each mth. Wishing you lots of luck & hoping that you get a BFP very soon!! xx

Hi, I too have PCOS, I am lucky in that I dont have the weight or hair symptoms, it is scary when you first hear but its good that you get an explanation and can get on the right track to helping you get that BFP

hi all, i too have been diagnosed with PCOS a few weeks back after trying for 6 months and no period from coming off the pill, i have my appt with gynea on 19th january, will they put on metformin/clomid straight away or does anyone know what will happen!! OH SO CONFUSED :( xxxx

I too have pcos :(
I came off bc last Sept and been ttc ever since!! I was on the bc for 11 years and in 16months had 11 periods..

Can pcos be that serious where you can never get pregnant? I mean most ladies to get pregnant dont they just takes longer, well thats how i thought it went!!

Im not sure how most gyno treat ladies as some times you read different stories but my GP wouldnt give me anything and referred me to the gyno.. Since being referred i under went a ultrasound confirming pcos, loads of blood work, HSG scan tubes all clear OH had to do sample and then only last month did i get given clomid!!

My gyno wouldnt give me met, said that she doesnt think i need it with being no over weight or not having pcos symtons and wanted to try me on clomid alone..

I started my first cycle of clomid finished last pill 2 days ago 50mg.. I think they normally will run a good few tests before handing medication out..
xx

hey beauty, mmmm tell me about it,

well its not going to be a thing where you cannot get pregnant its just going to make it a lot more difficult and hard work, but lets hope it will be worth it,

i just hope on the appt they put me on something to start ovulating as i am going out of my mind at the minute, with no periods etc its horrible xx

i have it too!
3 M/C's to date unfortunatly every doctor ive seen is reluctant to help me, I had tests they came back clear, i have been trying to control it all with diet and herbal med! and ive been ttc for 4 years now! x

Hi girls

thanks for your responses at least im not alone, i have got the excess hair, i thought it was strange i was getting a lady tash!!! LOL!!, im over weight as well and get spots on my face , at least i can put the peices of the puzzle together now and it all makes sense.
I was on the pill for 13 years and have had 4 periods in 17 months!! with the odd bit of spotting.

It was only when i had a massage and my friend said my sacrel charka was over active i looked into it and mant i had issues with my ovaries when doctors and found it out.

Im not on anything yet, i got diagonised with this on thursday , he took four more blood samples and gotta back to jan for a plan of action

Thanks, going out to get wasted tonight, i know i cant conceive at the minute so going to have a me night tonight!!! The last few weeks i have been out i havnt drunk much - just in case!! tonight is going to be fun!!

I have pcos to. I have never had it treated as i also found out at the same time that i had 2 blocked tubes. So they said there was no point as i had no chance. We tried to conceve anyway. 1 year later im almost 28 weeks. So please no giving up hope and no internet searching. as it scared me stupid

i agree!! do not look on the internet, it makes you soooo doubtfull on what you expect, and then it your head it makes you think oh whats the point and u tend to give up, but in reality its not like that, its like they, you keep on trying and you will succeed!

atleast thats how im thinking anyway lol! xxxx

Yep reading to many horror stories on the net had my mind working over time..

Trying to keep positive is good but its gettin more difficult staying positive sometimes!!
xx

yeh i agree with that, it can get horrible sometimes, when you are TTC you start to ( not enjoy ) and its then classed as baby making and not making love! thats how iv turned out! lol sorry to be graphic there girls!

but u have to take a step back and think , its not all that bad atleast you know why its difficult but i completely know where your coming from, theres lots of down days :( xxx

Hello - can I join your TTC gang? I am slightly underweight (naturally, although was ill over Xmas which didn't help) and just been diagnosed with pcos.

Waiting for DH's sperm result and for letter referring me to fertility clinic - I don't know what to expect and am a bit nervous.

I've had a day 21 b/test and had the ultrasound which is where they saw I had pcos. Had no info given to me other than that which is annoying - I have the printouts of my test results but nobody has really gone through them with me.

Do you know if having these test results to hand will mean I don't have to have lots of tests when I get to the fertility clinic? I want the easy route of them explaining everything and chucking some clomid at me!

Be grateful for any advice, and hope to make some buddies here to compare notes and experiences with!

Thanks

:dust:

hi i have PCOS. I was diagnosed by ultrasound 2009 April. He gave me some medicine, and then I went to a blood test to check if I ovulated.

no ovulation. I then got round two of that medicine, which was to be followed with chlomid. but chlomid did not help. My last mens with the medicine was august 2009. I was fed up of this doctor meetings. Since I am a little underweight I decided to stop my extreme sports, and 1 month after stopping I got my period naturally again, December 2009.

I stopped the pill NOV 2008, since then I only got my period twice naturally. 1 in febuary 2009 and then december 2009. January 2010 I got my BFP. Which was a surprise, since I was not thinking of TTC at all. And did not expect a BFP at all.

I hope that information helps. And most important never give up.

bababas - What extreme sports are you talking about?Your story is amazing! That you got your BFP without even trying AND with PCOS! Wow!

hi i have PCOS. I was diagnosed by ultrasound 2009 April. He gave me some medicine, and then I went to a blood test to check if I ovulated.

no ovulation. I then got round two of that medicine, which was to be followed with chlomid. but chlomid did not help. My last mens with the medicine was august 2009. I was fed up of this doctor meetings. Since I am a little underweight I decided to stop my extreme sports, and 1 month after stopping I got my period naturally again, December 2009.

I stopped the pill NOV 2008, since then I only got my period twice naturally. 1 in febuary 2009 and then december 2009. January 2010 I got my BFP. Which was a surprise, since I was not thinking of TTC at all. And did not expect a BFP at all.

I hope that information helps. And most important never give up.

Bababas - I'm so pleased for you and it has given me hope! I've read loads in the last couple of days about people going on low-GI diets, eating less carbs and taking more B-vitamins, and that it has a huge impact on PCOS due to changing your insulin levels.

I'm definitely going to give it a try - the only thing is that I am also a bit underweight (according to the doc anyway) so am not sure I'll be going too hard on the diet in case I lose any weight! Need to do more exercise to try and tone up which will hopefully add a pound or two...

Has anyone else tried the low-GI/more B-vits thing?

Vee

Hi ladies over a year has passed since i started this thread - how are you all getting on???????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->