Tom or Ted or Ben???

Kapow

OH, Moo moo and lil ted.
Reaction score
I've sort of convinced myself that my yellow bump is a boy but am stuck on the name.

I've liked Tom ever since I got pregnant but a close friend is currently trying for a baby and has always always wanted Thomas for a boy so it feels like stealing a little. My grandad is Thomas and so is my uncle but our son would be just Tom. Over the past few weeks I've also really started to love Ted so now I'm all confused.

OH likes both and also likes Ben. DS1 is called Max. Surname is Fenton.

Please could you lovely ladies give me your honests opinions. I promise to take it on the chin and not cry! lol.

Thanks

Kxx

I've sort of convinced myself that my yellow bump is a boy but am stuck on the name.

I've liked Tom ever since I got pregnant but a close friend is currently trying for a baby and has always always wanted Thomas for a boy so it feels like stealing a little. My grandad is Thomas and so is my uncle but our son would be just Tom. Over the past few weeks I've also really started to love Ted so now I'm all confused.

OH likes both and also likes Ben. DS1 is called Max. Surname is Fenton.

Please could you lovely ladies give me your honests opinions. I promise to take it on the chin and not cry! lol.

Thanks

Kxx

Honestly...

I don't think Ben sounds great with Fenton.

Tom is cute and would be my fave, but there's the whole friend issue. Have you mentioned it to her?.

I'm not keen on Ted personally.

x

At 1st i'm drawn to Ben... But Ben/Fen rhyme... so, not sure it's best with your surname...

But i can't picture calling a little baby (or even a little kid) Tom or Ted.

Thomas is cute... but prob shouldn't "steal" it from your friend... if she has specifically told you that's her one & only chosen name for a future son...

Teddy is cute!

How about: Sam, Jay, Wil, Kai?

At 1st i'm drawn to Ben... But Ben/Fen rhyme... so, not sure it's best with your surname...

I agree. Maybe it's the one syllable name, maybe it makes it seem hard sounding. Do you prefer one syllable first names? What types of names do you prefer?

Thomas is cute... but prob shouldn't "steal" it from your friend... if she has specifically told you that's her one & only chosen name for a future son...

Teddy is cute!

How about: Sam, Jay, Wil, Kai?

Thanks for the suggestions, I do like Sam but I have a female work colleague called Sam so it'd be weird. lol.

xx

I agree. Maybe it's the one syllable name, maybe it makes it seem hard sounding. Do you prefer one syllable first names? What types of names do you prefer?

Yes we like traditional names that are TOO popular. OH doesn't like names that can be shortened.

Thanks.

xx

Jacob
Ethan
Colin (my son's name)
Noah
Aiden
Ryan
Bryan
Elijah
John (my brother's name)
Dylan
Evan
Caleb
Mason
Luke
Liam
Connor
Wyatt
Owen
Alex
Levi
Mark
Eli
Eric
Sean
Oliver
Kyle
Kevin
Brady
Joel
Micah
Nolan
Brant
Brent
Grant
Blake
Jake
Jack

Some suggestions in case you get stuck...traditional and cannot be shortened:

Alex
Bobby
Fred
George
Harry
Henry
Hugo
Jack
Luke
Quinn
Rory
Seth

x

I think Ted is adorable :thumbup:

Ted is such a cute name for when he's younger, and Ted Fenton is a lovely strong sounding name for when he's older. X

I voted Ted :flower:

What about Alec? I see Alex has been mentioned but Alec is great too and is not a shortened form of a longer name.

xx

I dont think using Tom is stealing...at all. It would be say if it was a seriously unique name, like our son's name...lol. But Tom and Thomas are so common, I cannot possibly see that as stealing. Plus you have fam with that name, so there's a great excuse if you were questioned. :shrug:

Thanks for your help ladies.

Ben is definitely out because of the rhyming thing.

Still torn between Tom and Ted though....

Kxx

Some things to try and help you decide:

Which is the first name you think of?...Ted or Tom?

Which one do you feel would be easier to let go off?

Is there one in particular which you prefer alongside Max?

Will he have a middle name?...if so, which suits it best?

I would of thought his name will get lengthened at somepoint...If not in his early life, then later on by his friends etc...do you prefer Teddy or Tommy?.

Hope its helps.

x

Ben Fenton isn't horrendous, just a bit ott. Tom is nice, Ted I'm not sure about - it's have to see a shift in usage, as i just think about an old farmer.

What about Zach/Zac/Zack Fenton. That's got a great ring to it!

i like Tom and Ted. Ben Fen(ton) not so sure........

I love Ted as well, not too common, very cute, and goes well with last name. Good name for a little boy or a man I reckon xx

I like Tom alot, not Ted though. xx

Our DS is Ted, shortened from Edward, which we chose because we liked 'Ted' so much. He gets called Tedder and teddy Bear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->