Tomato intolerance!!??!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
OK well as some of you remember courtney has always been a sicky baby and suffered with reflux when she was really little... anyways she still is a sicky baby and the hv advised that it would prob be until she is about 12 months that it stops...

... however I discovered a pattern and I relly think that its the tomatos that make her sick!! My mums spag bol she is a little sicky on but give her a fish and potato dinner she is fine :)

on hol she lived on jars and other picky bits... the jars that were tomatoey based (like spag bol etc) she was super super sick :(

is it possible to have a tomato intolerance?? anyone else heard of it?? will it be like it forever??

thanks guys :)

honey i personally think they can have an intolerance to anything! maddi has never been sickly at all, but she is always sick after potato! so we've cut out potato and shes not been sick since! i will eventually introduce it back, but i think if you think something is making Courtney sick, then def. cut it out for a bit x x

I agree wth Carly and I'm sure I've read or seen somewhere about tomato being one. Hebe can eat them but they make her face really red after....(that sounds pretty stupid now I've said it out loud :shy: ) like the juice has something in it that irritates her skin. :shrug:

Cut them out and see how she is - worth a try for deffo! x

I think Cormack might have a tomato intolerance. He also gets a really red face when he feeds himself them! It doesnt happen if they are cooked tho. I was going to ask the hv about it when I see her tomorrow.

I agree I think people can have an intolerance to anything. I had a friend who was intolerant to apples!! I would mention it to your HV.

I agree you can have an intolerance to pretty much anything nowadays ... like has already been said try cutting them completely out of her diet for a couple of weeks and wee what happens.

Tomatoes are gross anyway :lol:

:rofl: thanks for that pp :rofl:

yeh going to cut them out now! and im already pretty certain se will be fine!
yesterday she had a potato and lamb jar then a roast dinner for her evening meal and she was fine :)

:rofl: thanks for that pp :rofl:

yeh going to cut them out now! and im already pretty certain se will be fine!
yesterday she had a potato and lamb jar then a roast dinner for her evening meal and she was fine :)

Sounds like it might be the tomato then!

Hey Hun, Jacob had this his face went red within seconds so i rang the docs and they said

" Babies are not ment to have tomatoes, kiwi or strawberrys until they are 1 as there is an acid in them that can affect most babies and the redness around the face is actually a re-action. But most babies can torlate them when they turn 1 and some can before that it depends on the baby. But majority react to them "

I was gobsmacked! I said why is this not put up on things and i was told by astupid doc "its common knowledge!" :saywhat:!!!

Any ho, Ive stopped jacob eating tomatoes as his face goes red within seconds. but not with strawberrys or kiwi so he still gets them :) XxxX

courtneys face never goes red though its just sick :sick:

how strange... so why have jars that say 7 months + but put tomoatos in them??

Thats what i said to doc they said apparently there diff. Its fresh uncooked ones that cause problems not them :shrug: Im just going on what i was told :D XxxX

Links for info

https://www.pburch.net/Babyfood/foodchoice.html
https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tomatoesbabyfoodrecipes.htm
https://blog.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/more-tomatoes-please/
https://weelicious.com/allergens/

Theres heaps more if you google it :) XxxX

Bloody Hell!! :shock: I had NO idea! so why do I know about strawberries but not friggin' tomatoes?? :dohh:

Ta Em xxx

I had no idea either! Now I feel like a terrible mother...

Your not.

I did when i rang the docs and was made to feel like one too like it should be common sense!! XxxX

Thats what i said to doc they said apparently there diff. Its fresh uncooked ones that cause problems not them :shrug: Im just going on what i was told :D XxxX

but ive never given courtney fresh uncooked ones anyway... in my mums spag bol dishes they are tinned toms... :shrug:

I think they make up rules as they go along :rofl:

My OH was allergic when he was a baby too, exactly what Ema said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->